Draw of INDONESIA SS Premier 2012

Discussion in 'Thailand Open / Indonesia Open / Singapore Open 20' started by okiazr, May 29, 2012.

1. nosequien

nosequien Regular Member

Wow, Cai/Fu versus Issara/Jongjit in round 1. Cai/Fu should win, but Issara/Jongjit have put them in trouble before... I think it will be an interesting match

2. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    That one is a 50-50 game..It's good to meet them before the Olympics so Cai-Fu can assess how good they are.

Indonesia Open is a trial tournament before the Olympics. Every Chinese player would want to meet top opponents to check out how good they are.

Lin Dan on the other hand doesn't want people to know how good he is

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Your last point is a good one. It explains why after winning his first game easily,he would slacken somewhat in the second and only up the tempo when necessary to finish the match. Or he would start slow,just testing his not-difficult opponent and when he's caught off-guard then buck up in the next two sets.

4. ibelieveindevil

ibelieveindevil Regular Member

and LD told LCW to participate in less tournaments so have less footage and thus less weakness to being exploit

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

For the WS, in Wang Yihan's quadrant she is the clear favourite, don't see anyone able to prevent her from advancing to the semi-final.

In Li Xuerui's quadrant, she might encounter considerable resistance from Juliane Schenk who on her day is capable of troubling almost anyone,except that she (JS) has to keep P V Sindhu under her watchful eyes. Barring that, a LXR-WYH SF clash is a relishing prospect.

In Saina Nehwal's quadrant,she has a possible OG rival in Wang Shixian,seemingly the weakest of the top 4 CHN guns. I believe Saina has a slight edge to progress to the SF.

In Wang Xin's quadrant, a bit more tricky. Teammate Jiang YJ, Sung JH, Inthanon R, Bae YJ, even Chen SC and Carolina Marin are not unthinkable candidates to accidentally bundle out Wang Xin on her once-too-often off-days. Of course,on her day,Wang Xin will crush anyone of them to the semi-final, this is the probable outcome.

Theoretically, the two semi-finals I predict and hoped-for are LXR vs WYH and Saina/WSX vs WX/less likely JYJ et al. My Dream Amazons(or Amazonian) Final LXR vs WX !!

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

In the MS,it's harder to predict,the tournament is thrown wide open in the absence of Lin Dan and Lee CW. Whatever it is,I wish to see Chen Long in the final, his challenger can be anyone.

It seems to me Chen Long's half has the stronger lineup than Chen Jin's with the likes of Sho Sasaki, Lee Hyun Il, Simon Santoso, Shon Wan Ho demonstrably able to surprise based on their recent performances.

In Chen Jin's half,I won't say he's the frontrunner, J O Jorgensen, Kenichi Tago, Peter Gade and Taufik Hidayat are stumbling blocks - any of whom is equally a good semi-final or final prospect. I should also mention Sony Dwi Kuncoro who should safely navigate the qualification stage to join the aforementioned strong contenders.

7. okiazr

okiazr Regular Member

merchant
    cai yun/ fu haifeng, jongjit/bodin, pi hongyan, marc z, ha jung-eun withdraw from the tournament....

firdasari replace pi hongyan in maindraw and will be face wang yihan in first round....

#27 okiazr, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  8. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Zhang/Zhao is playing Adcock/Bankier at Round 1. Should be interesting.