Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Dull ache in right shoulder

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by simon224, Dec 8, 2009.

1. simon224

simon224 Regular Member

I have a dull aching pain in my right shoulder.
    It doesn't hurt as such and doesn't get any worse when i touch it or move it.
    I can still play badminton but it is uncomfortable and I can't concentrate like I should.
    I can't get to a doctor for at least a week because of work committments so if anyone has heard of this before or has experienced it personally could they give some advice please ?
    Thanks

2. jk1980

jk1980 Regular Member

If you're a beginner to the game, a bit of shoulder pain is normal since you haven't developed the muscles used. Rest a bit and then continue playing, after a while should be ok. If problem persists after a few weeks, then consult a doctor.

3. Addict123

Addict123 Regular Member

Second that. Ache is normal whenever you take up a new activity - or, if you are not new to the sport, if you ramp up the intensity.

In weight training, you usually keep good track of pauses in your training ("macro cycles" etc.). I do that in Badminton too (a week with no Badminton at all, every 6 weeks), and it does wonders for those little aches that ramp up during play.