Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Durability: Factory String vs Restrung String

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by rogers89, Apr 18, 2014.

1. rogers89

rogers89 Regular Member

n/a
    Last week I heard from an experienced badminton coach that generally factory string (the ones on new rackets) are more durable then say a string that would be used after like BG-65. Is this true?

Some background info is that I recently just broke the strings on my new racket with factory strings after about 5 months of playing. They broke down the middle and now i'll contemplating what sort of strings i should buy b/c I don't want them to break that fast.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Haha... Factory strings are usually something thick like 0.73mm strung at 19 lbs so of course they'll last for ever.

But once you've reached a certain level, you'll start to appreciate thinner strings at higher tensions. That's when you'll become good friends with your local stringer. ;)

3. rogers89

rogers89 Regular Member

n/a
    Ah ok thx for the confirmation but i guess that means i'll be even more prone to breaking my strings which isn't good because my local stringer is 2 hours away lol

i'm not sure why the string broke so easily though, i'm still new so i don't hit too hard and it hasn't been so long. i've been practicing my slices recently but would that really break my string this fast?

4. OhSearsTower

OhSearsTower Regular Member

5 months is very long in my opinion

i am happy when my strings (BG65) hold on for 3 months (while playing 6h / week)
    i change them before they snap after ~3 months because you can see that they will break soon and its always a nice feeling to get new strings