Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Edmonton "Coach"

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by QuinnX, Aug 13, 2008.

1. QuinnX

QuinnX Regular Member

Hi There,

I'm a 21yr old student badminton player living on campus, and would like to find a good player to help me improve some of my techniques. I'm not looking for a professional coach, just someone who can show me how to do a proper backhand clear, some footwork tips, and improving my net shots. I will pay for coaching and practice. Please send me a message if you are interested and we can arrange a time to meet.

Thank You

2. evylgrynn

evylgrynn Regular Member

you could try Capitol Academy, coached by Alan Thom. he runs classes once a week, and he has a wide range of students, beginner to advanced. if you do a search through the forums you can find contact info. Good luck!

3. mkwanster

mkwanster Regular Member

IT System Administrator
    I am one of Alan's students, I'll let you know if there is one for this upcoming 2008/2009 season.

4. donkeyman

donkeyman Regular Member

Interested in being coached as well. Noticed skinny kids have more power than I do and so my technique is definitely messed up.

5. Rob11

Rob11 New Member

I'm a 15 year-old player in Edmonton, playing at an intermediate level. I'd like some coaching along the lines of what Quinn seems to be looking for, but I can't afford the Derrick or Royal Glenora. However, I've also heard that Alan Thom takes only adults. Any tips?

6. mkwanster

mkwanster Regular Member

IT System Administrator
    As a Level 1 coach-in-training (and player-in-training also), I can teach you the footwork and strokes (with some techniques from Alan).