Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Elbow pain

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by airy emirul, Mar 27, 2012.

1. airy emirul

airy emirul Regular Member

student
    1 month already i feel this pain.i don't know what happen.it is because my smash technique is wrong or what:confused:.i use light racket.Please guys i need advice! it happen after played badminton.now i used elbow guard to reduce my pain when smash.:crying:

2. Notorious544d

Notorious544d Regular Member

Student (college)
    Same with me. I played with my new NS9900 and it's so freakin' fast and aerodynamic that I seem to be pulling my elbow. The 'inside' bit of my elbow feels a bit.... 'stretched' or 'pulled'
    Will I get used to it after a few games and naturally go? Or shall I do something ASAP?

3. Nematode

Nematode Regular Member

Business
    I developed shoulder pains after using Nanosp 9900. It's too headlight so you end up using a lot of strength. Suggest you switch to heavier racket. A head light racket can cause injuries easily.

4. Notorious544d

Student (college)
    After using the NS9900 a few sessions, the pain seems to be gone - so I guess it was due to 'getting used to.'

The thing is that I used a head-light racket (NS800) before this, so I was kinda used to the lighter head. But with the NS9900, despite this, it's still SO fast!! It's an amazing racquet overall and I love it! :)

5. airy emirul

student
    case solved! bought heavy head racket/stiff.no more elbow pain.:D maybe i am suitable to head heavy than head light.Used voltric 80. Thanks a lot !!!

6. Notorious544d

Student (college)
    As a reference, which racket did you own before?

7. airy emirul

student
    used apacs nano900 power.too light hard to smash from baseline.

8. Aymara

Aymara Regular Member

I think it's a good idea to have a spare racket, that "treats your arm with respect" ;-)

Most tennis arm problems seem to be caused by too stiff, too heavy or too light rackets and/or too high string tension.

I learned it the hard way ... wrong technique combined with a too heavy entry level racket (99g) caused me a tennis arm years ago. After switching to a Babolat Satelite Chrono, a head heavy, short racket (66cm) with medium flexibility, 85g, strung at 20 lbs, the problem went away.

I only need to use a stiff racket with high tension like the VT80 and the problem comes back.

#8 Aymara, Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012