Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

fake MP100 from Taiwan

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by StealthVenom, Jul 10, 2005.

1. StealthVenom

StealthVenom Regular Member

Is it true that an MP100 from taiwan is better quality than the fron from China? I recently was offered a MP100 that is not genuine that is made in taiwan, with BG-65 @ ~23lbs for about $80USD. After shipping about $95-$100USD. Do you think its worth purchasing?

2. ZhouDongKia

ZhouDongKia Regular Member

I think u can get a authentic MP99 around 100USD . why not?

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    A fake is a fake, means there's NO standard. If u r lucky, u might get a useable racket, if not, it can break into pieces after 10 min.

For US$100, u can get a decent Yonex racket (i.e. Cab30ms), or a decent non-Yonex racket from a less known manufacture (but also reputable). All of those give u warranty, and decent quality and performance.

The cost to produce a crappy fake could be no more than US$5. Therefore, US$100 for a fake is absolutely rip off. :mad:

4. StealthVenom

Yeah, I agree with you. What is another good company/model except yonex that is about $100? I am a intermediate player who can do both I guess, finess and also a heavy smasher!! ;)

5. StealthVenom

Also, where is a good place to buy a racquet, cause here in Victoria, B.C, CANADA it is very expensive for the Yonex Carbonex 30 (approx. $185). If anyone can help me find one, I would really appreicate it. I really miss playing badminton since my racquet snapped last week :( . Help a bad. bro out :crying:

6. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Carlton Airblades and Powerblades should be less than $100 dollars and you can see a lot of top English players are using them.

7. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Yonex is overpriced due to market force. Carlton is a good alternative choice. I have been using my Carlton Aerogear and learning to love it.

8. newplayer

newplayer Regular Member

I agree that Yonex is very overpricecd. I think APACS is a very good brand and I've
    been using their rackets for almost 6 months, they are really good rackets even
    though they are massivly cheaper than Yonex.

NP

9. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    If you can take a ferry and go to Vancouver for a day, you can go to Tad's Sporting Goods. They are a Yonex authorized dealer. Give them a call if you want to visit their store to check the racket out if they do have it.

Here is their location.

8570 Granville St.
    (604) 261-6540.

matt

#9 Matt, Jul 12, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2005
  10. other

other Regular Member

Student
    let's say this:

I offer you a porsche boxster that was made by my very nerdy university friends as part of their degree with $10,000 budget. I will sell it to you for $27,000 :)

made in london which is assure you is better than paris (although neither place has quality control for university student made cars)

A real one costs $43,800 from Porsche USA.

Do you think its worth buying it?:)

or maybe buy another model from a reputable company:) (as has been suggested) ;)

#10 other, Jul 12, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2005
  11. Daylightkiller

Daylightkiller Regular Member

Student
    Yep i think carltons are a very good alternative, u can get top of the line models for less than $100 dollars if you don't buy them in the uk.

12. White_trash

White_trash Regular Member

Do you guys build cars in your universities? :eek: :)

13. StealthVenom

I guess for now, im going to setting for a cheaper racquet. I really do enjoy playing badminton, and wish I could afford a better racquet. But being born poor is also a sin I guess.

For now im getting a deal for the Wilson V-6. Which seems like a decent racquet from reviews. Only $20 brand new. Lets give it a try and see. If it doesnt workout, there is always......wait, it has to workout... I have no option :confused: