Feet blisters?!

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by TimothyHsu, Feb 27, 2012.

1. vixter

vixter Regular Member

I need to play matches tomorrow and my blister under my big toe still hurts a lot as soon as I put on shoes.... How can I minimize the disturbance during play? Just put on pleister, tape, double socks??

Can I take just a normal paracetamol, to take away the pain? This worked fine the other day at work.

2. 98745

98745 Regular Member

good son
    FootGlide_Front.jpg

this product is a miracle product.. just apply to areas prone to blister (use it like a huge lip balm).. kinda expensive though..

cheaper alternative is to use vaseline (used by marathoners).. kinda messy though

3. paulierand

paulierand Regular Member

Try Aveda foot lotion.
    Product LINK.
    It helps the bottom of my feet become soft and sooo comfortable after playing. Use it after showering. Smells so nice.

Insoles help too. Spenco Polysorb Total Support Max.

#23 paulierand, Jan 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  4. lordrogue

lordrogue Regular Member

Do you guys mean blisters on the foot ball? Isn't that area supposed to get really hard after a few years of playing? All badminton players I've seen have really thick skin there. I don't think thick socks are the way to go, I often feel better in slimmed socks cause they don't move around which "itches" the skin.

5. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

New thick socks cause my leg to move around. After a few sessions and washing, they become seasoned and do not slide anymore.

6. dg-1984

dg-1984 Regular Member

Sorry this is my first post, but can't believe nobody has mentioned taping your feet with zinc oxide tape, I used to get blisters on the balls of my feet and then I started to tape the area with muller zinc oxide tape, I also wear a pair of fitted running socks which have padding in the right area but also breathable then I wear another pair of socks on top to make a nice tight fitting into my shoes and that works a treat. I use two layers of the tape one across and then 1 up and down.

Hope this helps, nothing worse than blistered feet.

7. *___*

*___* Regular Member

I used to suffer with blisters.

Now i wear 2 pairs of PROPER running socks and use a 'memory foam' insole.

Proper running socks are expensive but are so much better than usual crappy sports socks.
    Memory foam insoles are very soft and quite big but after getting used to them I find they work very well.