Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Finding place in Tokyo to play badminton August 1st to August 5th

Discussion in 'Japan / Korea' started by Mee Anukoolprasert, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Mee Anukoolprasert

Mee Anukoolprasert New Member

I'm going to Japan on July 30th to August 5th.I want to find a place to play badminton for 3 players.I am an intermediate player wiht 45 years old ,the other are althlete advance players with 16 and 17 years old.Please do recommend.

2. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Tokyo Gaijins badminton Club
    Tokyo Gaijins organizes casual badminton sessions for various level players on weeknights at some gyms in the central Tokyo area. About 70% of the members are foreigners and about 30% are Japanese. We normally play doubles but sometimes singles too depending on the no. of players that will show up. The number of players is strictly limited to 6 people per court to ensure sufficient amount of playing time. Badminton schedule will be posted on the website and will be sent by email too. Reservation is strictly required to control the number of players. 1,200yen per session (2-3hrs) including free use of shuttle.

Come play badminton with us!

How to Join
    • Fill-out the membership form.
    • Join the mailing list/s right after confirmation of your membership.
    • Read the membership, rules and guidelines carefully.
    • Badminton schedule will be posted on the website and will be sent by email, too.
    • Sign up for a session by emailing badminton@tokyogaijins.com with your name, cellphone no. and skill level (Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced).
    • Wait for an email confirmation.
    • Show up in your badminton attire with your racket on the day. How to get to each venue will be explained in the emails so make sure to subscribe.
    • Pay the fee to the person in-charge before the game.
    • Play and have fun!
    • Send email to badminton@tokyogaijins.com to RSVP to a session or if you have any question/concern.

Rules and guidelines
    • Maximum of 5 players per court.
    • 2-3 courts per session.
    • Players will be divided based on skills levels.
    • Showing up alone is totally fine.
    • You will be paired with similar skill level player to play doubles.
    • Everyone play the same amount of time (in theory).
    • The person in-charge of the session is totally in control of the substitution of players.
    • Kids are strictly prohibited.
    • Make sure you bring/wear proper badminton attire.
    • Black sole shoes are not allowed in the gym as they might leave marks on the floor.
    • Racquet available for rental for 500yen (Basic racquet).
    • Smoking, eating and drinking alcoholic beverage are prohibited.
    • No fighting or use of abusive words towards other players, and unnacceptable behaviours.
    • The organizer and the person in-charge of the game reserves the right to cancel or reject your membership at anytime if you violate these guidelines.

Intermediate and Advanced levels
    • Intermediate and advance level players would:
    • - train regularly
    • - know how to make suitable short and flick serves
    • - able to hit effective smashes, drops, clears, and net shots consistantly
    • - have good footwork to defensive/offensive positions & transitions
    • - return (lift) smashes and drop shots

Fee
    • The fee is 1,200yen/person and it is collected on the court by the person in-charge before the start of the session.
    • The amount collected goes to pay for the court rent, team registration, badminton shuttles and requests, transportation allowance, services rendered by the organizer, the person in-charge of the game, the person that books the court and other miscellaneous expenses.
    • Please be aware that we are PROVIDING SERVICE not doing business.
    • We discourage you from playing with us if you have an issue paying the1,200yen fee.

Upcoming games

DATE DAY TIME VENUE NOTE

July 4 Mon 7pm-9 Ebara Daigo Community Center RSVP required, all levels OK, Max. of 20 people!

July 11 Mon 7pm-9 Ebara Daigo Community Center RSVP required, intermediate and advance only, Max. of 20 people!

July 25 Mon 7pm-9 Ebara Daigo Community Center RSVP required, all levels OK, Max. of 20 people!

Aug 1 Mon 7pm-9 Ebara Daigo Community Center RSVP required, intermediate and advance only, Max. of 20 people!

Aug 11 (NH) Thu 12pm-2:30 Togoshi Gym RSVP required, all levels OK, Max. of 20 people!

Aug 14 (SUN)Tournament 6pm-9:30 Togoshi Gym RSVP required, Max of 12 pairs (6 beginners, 6 inter/adv)!

1,200 yen per person. Sign up as a pair ideal, if not you will pair with similar skilled player. At least 6 pairs signups needed for the tournament to happen. Cheer leaders can join for free of charge ;)

Aug 22 Mon7pm-9 Ebara Daigo Community Center RSVP required, all levels OK, Max. of 20 people!

Aug 29 Mon7pm-9 Ebara Daigo Community Center RSVP required, intermediate and advance only, Max. of 20 people!

Note****

Any help needed can PM me personally at any time.

3. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Badminton club in Tokyo
    Badminton club seeks international players. We can coach elementary players. We are a Japanese badminton club, but now welcomes international badminton friends in Tokyo area! Please email me, Mune, the leader of this club, to ask the club or just about general badminton activities, shop info and exercise environment in Tokyo. Skill level is not important. Some of us are experienced players, but we have been coaching beginners for many years. Of course you can write me in English.

We usually play badminton on Thursdays in Nakano-ku, where most Japanese members are really fanatic to badminton and take them seriously. However, for introductory step to the Japanese badminton world, I have another option for English speaking people to have fun play in Minato-ku.
    We call the play in Minato-ku “International Badminton Night” (sometimes it’s in the morning or afternoon, though)

We have more than 25 people on this list, mostly business professionals, from all over the world. Some are very good but more elementary level players we are, and enjoy badminton plus exchanging information anything about living in Japan. I would like to invite you to this small group first to open the door to the real scenes of Japanese badminton. Please contact me to join this and touch and feel real Japan, which is never like tourism. (Also try Yakitori and Japanese beer with us!?)

4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Message from Mune, the founder of this club:

After coming back from drinking places in Roppongi or anywhere else in the midnight or even early morning, did you sometimes find a tired and lifeless face in the mirror?? have you ever thought that, "Am I all right to be like this?"

I have originally set up a Japanese badminton club in Nakano-ku, but also welcomes international badminton friends in Tokyo area. Having been running an international club, Albatross Badminton Club in Minato-ku for some years, now we have more than 25 members, mostly business professionals from all over the world. Please feel free to ask me about the club or just about general badminton activities, shop info and exercise environment in Tokyo.

Skill level would be different between players, and of course there are variety of options to play badminton here in Japan with whom, where, and how. Our international badminton mates are basically trained and experienced players who at least know basic strokes and footwork, and if you also have it, you could definitely enjoy playing with us. For more advanced players, we could give some tips of info about other higher level clubs and tournaments.

Our international group usually make it on Fridays and Saturdays in turn in Minato-ku. We just have fun play to enjoy badminton, then sometimes go to have a drink and yakitori. We are not always hiring new members due to the court capacity reason, but when available, I would post a want ads to Metropolis.

But anyway, I could tell something about Japanese badminton activities and information resource to let you find clubs and shops. Please feel free to email me to get the info.

Mune

Albatross Badminton Club

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Tokyo Badcox International Badminton Club

Tokyo based badminton club playing across the city at various venues and times, but primarily at weekends and with our main regular meeting being on Sunday afternoon/evenings. Regular and short term visitors and all nationalities are welcome to join for mixed level doubles games, and anyone is welcome to post their events here if they want to offer the opportunity to join to our members.

Upcoming Meetups
    • Friday, July 29, 2016 5:30 PM
      Friday Evening Shibuya-All levels
      20 Badcox attending

• Sunday, July 31, 2016 3:45 PM
      Sunday Evening Shibuya - Competitive Intermediate level
      8 Badcox attending

• Sunday, July 31, 2016 5:45 PM
      Sunday Evening Shibuya - ADVANCED ONLY
      9 Badcox attending

• Saturday, August 20, 2016 4:45 PM
      Saturday Afternoon Shibuya Badminton - Beginner level
      6 Badcox attending

6. Ram Sam

Ram Sam New Member

I want to join this club for November , pls let me know the procedure . Thanks , Ram .