Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Finnex racquets and Wilson Ti 85 Sting

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by agnivarsh, Nov 11, 2002.

1. agnivarsh

agnivarsh New Member

I currently play with a Finnex Titanium Racquet. Doesn't have a model number on it, just says Finnex Titanium for Advanced Player. This racquet has been awesome. Light with enough power for me. I only got into serious badminton lately, and now I realize I shoudlve changed the string a long time back. I am afraid to restring it now, since this racquet has been with me for about four years now.

Therefore, I would like to buy another one just like it. I looked all over the net, and couldnt find any Finnex racquets. I hear you get them in Singapore and some other places. Can anyone help me out? I am in California. I am also trying to get a cousin in Singapore to try and find out.

Secondly, the other day I saw a guy play in the gym with a very interestingly shaped racquet. The head was in almost a triangular shape.. and the racquet felt nice. Unfortunately I didnt have a chance to talk to him before he left. From whatever i gathered on the net, this racquet might be a WILSON STING 85. I have looked far and wide for this racquet, with not much luck.

I hope people here can help me with finding it.

#1 agnivarsh, Nov 11, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2002
  2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

U mean, the Wilson racket is "Y" joint (at the throat area of the racket), instead of the normal "T" joint?

3. agnivarsh

agnivarsh New Member

the shape of the head was different... more like a squash racquet head

4. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

i think all prince racquets (even badminton) has the shape of frame

5. andrew_cherry

andrew_cherry Regular Member

Software Engineer
    it sounds like a wilson to me - they were fairly low end, and they were modelled on a teardrop head shape... not much like the prince. bad news is i have a feeling they don't make them anymore. they also used wilson's pws weight system. i have a feeling that is no more too, as far as badminton rackets go.

consider whether you want to tie yourself to an unusually shaped sweetspot that you can't replace in a year or two though, even if you can find one...

6. tambegg

tambegg New Member

Painter
    Wilson Ti 85 Sting

Hello,

I own a sting 85 but haven't played in a couple years so would consider selling it.

Tom Edinburgh