Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

first introduction ~( O.o)~

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by JC-Khul, Aug 1, 2004.

1. JC-Khul

JC-Khul New Member

Hello, just wanted everyone to know I'm glad to be a part of this wonderful community! This is one kick-ass badminton forum to say the least.

Well, as for a small introduction of myself......started playing badminton during grade 10, trying out for the school team with my friends. That year was fun, so I decided to play for grade 11, and 12 as well. heh

So pretty much after having graduated, my friends had lost interest in badminton therefore we all took a 2-3 year break.

<<fast forward in time...>> And now I'm back! \o/

Hope to play with/against some of you in the near future!

2. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

Starving Graduate Student
    Hello! You sound like me in a way. I started playing badminton during grade 10 and played through grade 12. I didn't take a break, so I'm still playing though. Good luck with badminton. I hear it's somewhat difficult to start up again after a long break.

3. JC-Khul

JC-Khul New Member

Yea, starting up again after a long break was difficult, but it was also a good chance to correct some bad habits as well.

How often do you play weekly?

4. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Welcome to BadmintonForum! :D ... whereabouts do you play? And when?

-dave

5. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

Starving Graduate Student
    I play about everyday... :eek: I used to play just during the evening, but im starting to play both in the morning and evening... :eek:

I guess it was a good chance to relearn and correct some bad habits. It seems that long break from badminton did you justice.

6. JC-Khul

JC-Khul New Member

Recently I've been playing at UBC's SRC whenever possible. There are a couple people there that I hope to surpass! (hehe...but not anytime soon.) Usually get there around 4pm and play till drop-in ends at around 8 or 9pm.

I wish I could play everyday like Joseph but my body won't be able to keep going. Need at least one day's rest!