Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

First new racquet in almost 10 years

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by weidmark, Aug 29, 2012.

1. weidmark

weidmark New Member

Hi,

I used to play badminton in elemntary school and highschool. I purchased a Black Knight Ti nearly 10 years ago. My girlfriend and I were going to start playing and I was going to pick up a racquet for her (she has never played).

Will we notice the different between a $50 racquet and a $100 racquet?

I am assuming almost any racquet purchased these days will be better than my 10 year old racquet... or am I assuming incorrectly?

I was looking at the yonex nanospeed 100 as it seems to have decent reviews.

2. sting.kl

sting.kl Regular Member

For a beginner I would think a more even balanced racquet that's relatively flexible would be helpful. Nanospeed in general is known to be relatively head light. Perhaps try a low-end arcsaber.

3. Deathblader

Deathblader Regular Member

Student/Lifeguard/Athlete
    I agree. Perhaps an ArcSaber 3 FL?

4. doughnut

doughnut Regular Member

Definitely a difference between a $50 and $100 racquet. Not so much between $100 and $150 maybe. Nanospeed is good for girls. I liked it when I first started playing regularly. It was my second racket, upgrade from a $50 one.

5. Cloud7z

Cloud7z Regular Member

Disagree, considering he is only just getting back into badminton, and his girlfriend has never played. I think there is no point in getting a $100 racquet over a $50 one. Heck, a $15 racquet will be fine if it's got decent build.

6. doughnut

doughnut Regular Member

I recently brought a close friend (who never plays badminton) to play. She had a $20 racket, those pre-strung ones that have almost no tension, and it was literally just a piece of steel. I lent her my racket and she said it felt so much lighter and easier to hit! It's hard to get a decent build racket at $15. That ll probably scare his girlfriend away from badminton.

7. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i recent go a friend into badminton and the owner of the shop recommended a low end arcsaber, and he's actually improving quite a bit and the racket is still capable for whatever badminton he's into. if you and your friends are serious about badminton, there's some good in buying a decent low end racket until you get to a point where you feel you need a better racket :)

8. Gunnersfan

Gunnersfan Regular Member

Student
    i suggest you to take a look to arcsaber 001 and arcsaber 002....
    it's even balance head which give you a bit more power than NS100 and it's flexible shaft which suitable for a beginners.....
    Arcsaber 3FL already a high end racket, i dont think you should get that for your girlfriend as she never play before....
    about the difference, i dont know how the pricing in Europe or America, but there should differences between the prices....
    they wouldnt put a higher price if there's no differences....

9. weidmark

weidmark New Member

Went to a local sports store today and picked up a Carlton vapor trail vanquish. Got it for $90 after taxes. They only had the low end Yonex racquets in stock so I was not able to see an Arcsaber. Tried it out today, feels pretty good but I dont have much to compare to.

10. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    At those prices, u might want to consider a higher end used one off the forums!

11. Snowcrash

Snowcrash Regular Member

Nanospeed 100 is not as headlight compare to higher end ones, perfectly good for someone picking up badminton.