Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

First shoes - ok?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by iLikePie, Jun 5, 2006.

1. iLikePie

iLikePie New Member

hi everyone,

well i've been reading HEAPS of threads about shoes, because i've been playing in old runners, and i know thats a really bad idea. Problem is, i live in australia (where we can't really buy baddy stuff easily) and i'm also not that good (so i don't want to spend hundreds of dollars if i can help it, though i'm not going to be stingy).

so i went to my local sportsmart (which is one of the only places that has court shoes at all) and they only had about 7 models, one of which was a badminton-specific shoe (a Yonex something, but it didn't fit me well).

i ended up getting some Prince court shoes - they were wide enough (i don't have narrow feet, the Mizuno court shoes were a bit squishy) and they are court shoes which is obviously better than runners.

is there any way to tell if they'll be good or not? since its my first pair i don't know what to look for, but they fit well and are quite comfy. I had to pay AU$100 which is about $75US but that was the 2nd cheapest pair as well!!!

here's a photo of them, don't know if you can tell anything about them from it, but i'm feeling a little insecure that i may have bought bad ones! I wish i could order over the net but i think without trying them on its a bit foolish.

thanks a LOT!
    - stu

Attached Files:

2. Scott Kam

Scott Kam Regular Member

It looks quite nice. Looking forward to your review on them:)

3. chessymonkey

chessymonkey Regular Member

comp tech
    these looks just fine espeically if u r just switching from runners
    a good pair of normal court shoe should get the job done.
    It should give u the proper grip and the sole is lower
    reducing yr risk to sprint an ankle.
    As u graduatly improve and the sport is getting more and more intense
    u will naturally want more outta the shoe and u will know when's
    a right time to invest in a more hardcore badminton shoes..
    Just like how ppl will gear toward more advanced rackets in time.
    But i believe these one will serve u well for a good long time

4. iLikePie

iLikePie New Member

hi guys, thanks for the replies.

i actually just swapped them for some SHB-68's.

the reason is that while those ones DID fit pretty well and seem ok, i thought it's probably better to get a badminton-specific shoe if i can, and i found a little racquetsports shop that had 4 models, and the 68s fit well (and were only $70 instead of the $100 i had spent).

but thanks anyway.

(i guess there won't be a review for these after all!).