Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

forum input error in alternative browsers

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by bigredlemon, Feb 22, 2004.

1. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

Some browsers use alternate fonts so that using cols=40 gives a different width in IE than other browsers. I've added a screenshot of what this looks like in firefox.

A stype tag should be added for consistency. Instead of just cols=40, you should also add style="width:540px; height:250px"

i.e. change from
    Code:
    <textarea name="message" rows="20" cols="40" wrap="virtual" tabindex="2"></textarea>
    to
    Code:
    <textarea name="message" rows="20" cols="40" style="width:540px; height:250px" wrap="virtual" tabindex="2"></textarea>

Attached Files:

2. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

OT but how are you finding firefox? I'm thinking of changing over to firefox too.

#2 Pecheur, Feb 23, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2004
  3. bigredlemon

firefox does what it's suppose to do: be fast. Firefox is about twice as fast as IE in my experience. On a unrelated note, I switched from 1.5mbs to 3.0mbs the same night i switched from IE to firefox, but i'm sure it's totally unrelated.

I do have a few pet peeves with firefox though. 1. can't copy an image into the clipboard. 2. can't drag n drop bookmarks or rename them without loading the bookmark manager, and 3. the optional tabs.

I'm using firefox only because they use a smaller font in the menu. :eek:

4. kgen4

kgen4 Regular Member

Firefox is good, but if you are talking about loading time, nothing beats IE, since it's integrated. But since IE sucks, you should check out MYIE2, its a tabbed alternative, and offers many of the functions that Firefox has. The only bad thing is that they seem to update their program at least a couple times a month.

5. bigredlemon

MyIE2 is just a bloated version of IE :p

6. bigredlemon

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    how's it with the new software?