Fu Haifeng's Racket ?

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by tobiascra, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

of course not. but its better to know rather than not knowing right? why? because:
    1. we love the sport. Let say you like music very much, wouldn't like to know what gear your fav musician play with? its just natural you see.
    2. As a reference. Each of us have different style of play, so whats the racket that may suit us?
    Having said that its not a fixed price and Im not saying "if you dont know the racket of your fav player that means you dont love badminton". Its like knowing the colour of your wife underwear :D

2. bob_jabba83

bob_jabba83 Regular Member

Lecturer
    100%

100% agreed with you. And your point is well explained

3. kish-mah-ash

kish-mah-ash Regular Member

bro, how is knowing the typoe of racket your favoritie players use will help you and your game?
    on your 2nd point,your sttlye of play will most likely not rsemble anything close to a pro player. you can only dream abt it.

4. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

No, im not saying it will improve your game. But rather it may prevent your game or your development getting worse or disrupted. Lets say naturally you are a defensive player with weak smash, wouldn't AT700 be a wrong choice? Perhaps something like NS9000 would suit you better.

Now, how would you know which racket is which? One way of knowing is by observing the pros and what racket they use. Lets take Fu haifeng and Cai Yun for example, as you may know Fu haifeng is the current world record smash holder (he used Ti10) on the other hand Cai Yun used At900T, why? Because Ti10 accomodates Fu better than it does for Cai Yun, vice versa.

Not in a million years i will argue that racket is more important than skills. Nor will our racket makes us play like a pro. Im just saying that for each set of skills strength they can be better accomodate with a certain type of racket. And one way to know which racket may suit us is by knowing what racket the pros use. There are of course many other ways to find a suitable racket, eg borrowing from friends, recommendations from BCers, etc.

#24 Yoppy, Feb 28, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  5. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

Hmm... going on the same track but pushing the argument further, why will knowing that LinDan is the best MS in the world and that LCW is currently World #1 be beneficial to our own game? Knowing that FHF is partnering CY and they are the top Chinese MD pair helps me in my game how?

OTOH, what's the harm in knowing and being interested with the details of what each player use, who their girl/boy friends are, and what not?

Peace brothers & sisters.

6. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Who said that? :rolleyes:

7. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Skill is always more important than a racket , and to be skillful , is better to spend the money on practicing ! ask any players and they will say the same

8. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hey bro , u re right , its the skill that counts, but in the end if ask Lin dan use low end racket instead of armotec 700 or N90, u think he will win his game agaimst Lee chong wei ?

9. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    Ferrerkiko: remember, the reason why lin danand other pros uses those rackets is due to the that fact that he is comfortable with that particular racket. it has been said before that a racket does not make a player

10. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I believe the feeling of a racket is important, of all the racket i used armotec 700 ist generation best suits me, now i just bought N90, will try get used to it!

11. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Honestly, I think he can , remember 40% of the game is in the mind , and with LD record against LCW , he can play with any rackets (well , > $50 rackets) with the confident that he had and win...............is the mentality

12. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    Never seen the AT800D before, it looks very nice.

13. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    It was a good looking racket and it was a very good doubles racket as well.

14. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Babyface, you just made a very good point there. Should we ask a question, why Lin Dan is confortable with AT700 and not something like AT800D? Why did Lin Dan switch from MP99 to AT700? Perhaps you can tell why :rolleyes:

15. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    lol.. i have no idea why as im not him and i dont know him.

16. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Let me quote: "the reason why lin danand other pros uses those rackets is due to the that fact that he is comfortable with that particular racket"

Now saying you are not Lin dan and you dont even know what you said. If you are not Lin Dan how do you know he's confortable? Cmon bro hehehehe.

17. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    are you serious.... is it not common sense that the reason why they (people) use the racket they choose is due to the fact that they are comfortable with it?
    are you suggesting that they choose to use their types of rackets because they dont like or are not comfortable with them?

18. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    It is just basic logic to assume that he is comfortable with his current N90 racket. Do you seriously think Li Ning would not change the racket specs if he didn't like it he asked them to change something...

/Twobeer

19. kish-mah-ash

kish-mah-ash Regular Member

bro, so you're bascially sucggesting that we,you, me or anyone else who are not even close to ameteur level shodul look and take cues from the pro players and what type of rakckets they're using because we have the same type opf playing styles like them? you gotta be joking me,mang.
    bro,there's no harm in trying to known and being intertested in which racket or hairgel or shoes a pro player uses. if that's the case, then i guess it's fine and no harm also to be interestieed in knkowing how many times does fu haifeng eat his noodle dish or fried rice a week or how many times he goes shopiing a week too?

20. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Look, you are the one who said "the reason why lin danand other pros uses those rackets is due to the that fact that he is comfortable with that particular racket"

If thats the case, LD was so confortable with MP99 then why he changed to AT700? In fact why pros changed their racket at all? You should be able to support your argument.

Your question, "are you suggesting that they choose to use their types of rackets because they dont like or are not comfortable with them?"

On the contrary i believe they choose the racket that suits their play style. I gave example before on CY and FHF.