Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Genius in sports?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by BuntaMarui, Aug 10, 2006.

1. BuntaMarui

BuntaMarui Regular Member

Student
    I recently recognised my brother's talents in badminton , his younger ..much younger , onli aged 8 :eek: ... I know it runs in our family blood that we are fast-learners but his ability are what i cannot comprehend , his footworks are taught in 2-hour session between me and him and he got it already ... Netting is his specialty and doing baseline-2-baseline is above wad most teenagers can do..
    I believe he can take over me in 4 years time or so , any suggestion on how I can train him? P.S. he got a strong Badminton sense on shuttle's path

2. robc06

robc06 Regular Member

Editor
    Get him a professional coach see what they think? If he is a natural badminton player a top level coach will recognise him.

3. BuntaMarui

Student
    Yea .. would recommend that to my parents but does genius realli exists? Or is it just me who are shocked by improvements?

4. jamesshieh88

jamesshieh88 Regular Member

Student
    maybe some players just "get it" faster than others. i know of some people that have been playing for years but if you watch them play, you would think they're just starting off. i remember this guy that just played for 4 months and he was already playing for the championship in our high school team playoffs. so i guess it all depends on the individual. try to get him a coach that might be able to recognize his abilities and skills. maybe he'll have the potential to become world champ one day. :rolleyes:

5. sharpmindx

sharpmindx Regular Member

Banker
    Professional

Where are u based? If u are in Singapore, most of the schools should have a professional coach. Bring him down to join the session.

6. BuntaMarui

Student
    My father's friend is coaching him now :confused: His not professional coach but still plays well... My parents still wants to look "further on" ..to see if they would want a professional coach.

7. Notnimdab729

Notnimdab729 Regular Member

Deputy General Manager
    Genius?

Hi Bunta Marui,
    Whether yr bro is a genius or not, why not send him to be evaluated by a professional IQ assessor?:D They are people who can assess such early indicative traits in child and give them a headstart. One of the gifted talents in child is psychomotor ability and visual,performing art ability. Just get the professional's view, and u and yr parents will soon find the best ways to cater for his needs.:)
    Lee:D

8. BuntaMarui

Student
    is it going to b expensive:confused: :confused:
    I don't think we have to send him for that ..my opinion .. jus train him up :D Hope he have some chances of realli getting into national lvl