GGBC 2 announcement and special offer.

Discussion in 'Golden Gate Badminton Club ( GGBC ) (CLOSED)' started by kwun, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    That's not a problem for our Master NGP. The question is what kind of freebie is in the works :D.

2. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Trying the ceiling!

Hi Kwun,

Ha haa.. Mike said to give it a good go and your FREEBIE will be a SURPRISE :eek:! :D. Hey I wanna rematch when I get in better shape :p.

Sally

3. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Website address

Sorry to have no manners! Our GG Management didn't provide you with our website address! :crying:. Please check us out. www.ggbadminton.com

Regards, Sally

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    are you still in the area? i will drop by Tuesday.

i think i will bring a few ping pong balls, those flies higher.

5. hybridragon

hybridragon Regular Member

Student
    I know it's off-topic, but if you know your Bay Area geography, San Leandro/Castro Valley/Hayward area is directly in between Emeryville and Union City. It is most definitely not in the Hayward area.
    --------------------

Congrats to GGBC, I'll be looking to visiting this gym soon.

6. kan2005

kan2005 Regular Member

Based on yahoo map, the distance between castro valley to hayward is only 2.6 miles. People in castro valley should be able to reach apac with 10 minutes. Distance between castro valley and emeryville is 17.5 miles It is far (in bay area standard with so many badminton gyms here).

7. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Congrats! to GGBC and its management!

8. hybridragon

Student
    10 minutes? Are you kidding me? It takes 15 minutes at fastest. And that's if you're driving 75+ mph. And there's a reason I referred to it as San Leandro/ Castro Valley/ Hayward Area. There ARE people north if Hayward if you haven't noticed. That 10 minute estimation of yours is for people who live in central to South Hayward. From what I've seen, a lot people I know that plays badminton are from Castro Valley, North Hayward, and San Leandro/San Lorenzo.

Using google maps, From San Lorenzo (Which is directly between San Leandro, Hayward and Castro Valley), it takes 16 minutes to go to APAC. It takes 24 minutes to reach Emeryville's GGBC.And since APAC opens at 4:30pm, right before rush hour, you can definitely add a few more minutes to those 16 minutes. To me, that's not a lot of difference.

My preference would to have something in San Leandro or Castro Valley, but this is not the thread to discuss this. (And I have nothing against your Tri-Valley idea, but you speak as if APAC is inside the Hayward Area. Even APAC itself is not near the Union City/Hayward border, it's more in Central Union City.)
    ----------------

Back to the thread, just wondering, is there a set date that this GGBC will open?

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Just want to comment..^^

..you guys up north should be grateful for having all those clubs up there;)...Us, SoCal-ers, and most badminton players in other places in the U.S., wish if we can have half the no. of clubs/facilities that are in NorCal..:p;)

10. shreky

shreky Regular Member

ctjcad is correct .... you guys should be grateful of what you have .... the bay area is definitely the US badminton mecca ..... the BWF should consider having the SS Finals in the Bay Area .... paging BWF .... :D

11. hybridragon

Student
    We are grateful. No one said we weren't grateful for all these gyms. 4-5 years ago, the closest place to play badminton was only around Bintang. That was around an hour drive at least without traffic. It's just within the last year or two that more clubs opened more gyms.

12. pelegri

pelegri Regular Member

software engineer
    Yep, indeed! And thanks to everybody, starting with Phu, that took the risk and started opening the gyms! - eduard/o