Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Going crazy: My armortec 900 power (at900p) is dying, I am in search of a replacement

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kirbosmash, May 20, 2009.

1. kirbosmash

kirbosmash Regular Member

Hi, My Armortec 900 Power is dying.
    Let me explain: So I was at a high school game, and I accidentally threw my treasure to the ground. It clunk, clunk, clunk. That's when I realized how much I loved the light 4u feel, the head heavy balance, and the extra stiff frame. That's also when I realized how fragile those specs were. By the way I am a boys doubles player.

I am asking you, badmintoncentral.com, my internet haven, for a possible backup. Here is what I want:

light - preferably 4u, 3u is okayish...

Head Heavy - me and even balance don't work out. Don't even try head light.

Extra Stiff- Stiff ( I like the extra power this gives me. )

Durability: I want a racket that might last me a lifetime, or at least a long time.

Good Looks: as I stated before, this will be staying with me for sometime, so I want to go in style, I like to possess a really slick looking weapon!

I am considering all brands (though only trust worthy brands) and I want honest opinion, I am willing to pay any price - badminton is my main investment. So don't give a racket credit because it is cheap - although bang for the buck is good, I want pure quality (as does everybody ;).
    Thanks all for input, and if possible please post pictures!

*note I posted this in the equipment forum, and not the racket recommendation forum because I thought that it applied more personally to my best non living friend.

2. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    At700 Old version is a classic for head heavy and lighter feel, or get the at700LTD in 4U~

These racquets aren't very fast, they aren't very lively, but they do one thing and they do it extremely well~ You could always just get another At900P if you like it :)

3. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

what about the Victor SW33P? it comes in 4U i believe, and its pretty powerful/ stiff.

4. kirbosmash

kirbosmash Regular Member

how durable is the AT700?

and any more info on the victor sw33p?