Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Good Ol' Muscle Ache

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by cheongsa, Apr 4, 2004.

1. cheongsa

cheongsa Regular Member

Assistant Professor
    When I started getting back into playing badminton three years ago, I would play twice a week for a duration of 2-3 hours each. And then for half a year, I would have muscle ache all over my body the next day.

But as I got more and more conditioned, the muscle ache went away. Now I play three times a week for a duration of 3-4 hours each, and feel fine the next day.

Yesterday I went for the Mansfield Badminton Open, played 5 singles matches (1 easy match, and 4 of moderate intensity) and 2 doubles matches (1 moderate intensity, and 1 high intensity).

And today the good old muscle ache is back!

2. other

other Regular Member

Student
    well, just 6 more months of Open compeition and you'll need to move up to international competitions to get back that muscle ache :D

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i did some weight training when i was young. when i first started, my whole body ached like crazy. i had problem even moving around, my back and leg muscles was in so much pain, i needed my arm to help my sit down.

but after 2 weeks of regular training, i was no longer aching. i kept on for a few months and everything was good.

then after i stopped for a months, i went back to weight training and again, the initial two weeks i was in pain.

so i think the body needs to get used to the intensity, if you increase intensity, it will ache but after a week or two at that level, it will get used to it again.

4. Dill

Dill Regular Member

Lazy git (my coach can verify this)
    Having a soak in a warm bath afterwards helps as well (some of the time)