Good shuttlecocks from China?

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by Pho89, Nov 12, 2015.

Tags:
  1. myy_yyc

myy_yyc New Member

I have not used/seen Lingmei. My question is, if they are really so good and consistent, why don't they spend a few hundred bucks to get their shuttles approved by BWF? Having the stamp from BWF will certainly help them gain consumer's confidence, especially dimgrey is priced pretty close to more established brands like RSL tourney classic/no 1.

2. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Good point :) BUT as a consumer if getting BWF approval means their shuttlecocks PRICE will increase to reflect their "new status" :rolleyes: - I RATHER THAT THEY DO NOT GET APPROVED and I saved some $$$$ and still enjoy decent birdies hahahahaha :D:D:D

3. myy_yyc

myy_yyc New Member

These are two of lingmei's listings on its alibaba store.

https://m.alibaba.com/product/60560032872/aeroplane-black-label-eg1130-goose-feather.html

https://m.alibaba.com/product/60533320301/Key-chain-light-badminton-shuttlecock-mavis.html

Does this give you any confidence that you can trust them?

4. myy_yyc

myy_yyc New Member

Dimgrey is a mass produced model, the cost to get BWF approval would probably add no more than a few cents per tube.

5. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Honestly, I do not trust any manufacturer except GOSEN JAPAN, YONEX JAPAN and CARLTON UK :D for my badminton equipment but I cannot afford Yonex Aerosensa 40 and 50 anymore when their prices hit past RM100 per tube and Carlton is as rare as the dodo in Malaysia. So, I have to try for other cheaper Chinese or local brands like RCL, LingMei, Protech etc ...

As for Lingmei Dimgray shuttlecocks, well, I am using my 2nd tube now, so far so good. Both tubes' birdies are consistent in performance , maybe I got a good batch :D. Hope its consistency and reliability is there. The moment Dimgray QC drops, I will also drop it like a hot potato hahaha :eek::p

As for BWF approved shuttlecocks, some of them should not even be there on the list IF I WERE THE TESTER !!! :p Their products are too inconsistent in QC.

I am a consumer of shuttlecocks, my point of view and values are totally different from the manufacturers, distributors, sellers, authorities etc ... if I like it I tell you as per what I have shared here, if I don't like it, I try not to comment too much (Chinese concept of "not damaging someone else's rice bowl" ) and let you find out for yourself .... :rolleyes:

#25 maxout, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  6. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

I think Baton No.1 is a good alternative too, and priced quite reasonably especially if you'll order in bulk. We've had the chance to use their Baton no.6, definitely much cheaper than No. 1 and I can say that it performs well, so I'm guessing their more expensive ones might be better in a lot of ways. I'm currently testing Lenwave 1389 and a brandless one, plus, awaiting for the arrival of Tayod-1 all from China ordered as samples. I haven't spent much time yet though thoroughly testing these tubes as my schedule for playing is kinda limited lately. But so far, the couple of birdies from Lenwave and the brandless one that i managed to have my clubmates used looked good at least in terms of durability although the Lenwave had some kinda weird flight almost at the end of the second set. Like it would suddenly slows down in midflight.

7. fsgimenez

fsgimenez New Member

Has anyone tried the Linton Brand shuttlecock? It's also a from a Chinese manufacturer. They also have these high pro level to club pratice models.