Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Great Grip and Price for Ribbed Fans

Discussion in 'Grip' started by dolbydog, Dec 28, 2012.

1. dolbydog

dolbydog Regular Member

Happy Hollidays from Toronto!!

I just ordered these:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-New-CY-Ba...rig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#sf

from CY Badminton in Seattle. They are very tacky compared to most other brands that I have tried. Also, the foam ridge is quite prominent. You can see the depth in my picture, from left to right: CY, Gamma, Wilson, Head.

The cost was $19 Cdn for 8 grips shipped. The Wilson Cushionaire might cost me $13 each. I have only started using them, so I won't comment on longevity. However, they do seem to be a little thinner compared to the name brands. Dec272012 004.jpg

2. dolbydog

dolbydog Regular Member

Update: Very Tacky!! Be careful if you have fragile hands as the new grip can make it raw. Best to use sparingly at first. Now, I am debating whether to redo the rest of my rackets.

3. Borbor

Borbor Regular Member

These replacements or overs?

4. dolbydog

dolbydog Regular Member

I think they are deemed replacement, but outside of the ridge, they are fairly thin and can be used as over grips. I normally take the original grip off.