Grip Enlargers - Any good?

Discussion in 'Grip' started by R20190, Oct 20, 2011.

1. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Ok, my friend has just bought me an Arcsaber 8DX only the grip size is too small. I normally prefer G4 or even G3 but she got me a G5.

I have a G5 Ti-10 which I just wrapped in overgrips until it felt about right. But I've been told about these grip enlargers which are a bit like a shrink-wrap tube. Has anyone had any experience with these and are they any good?

I'm in two minds about selling the 8DX and getting the right one but I'm also really eager to string it and try it out... any thoughts?

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The shrink-wrap grips are more common in tennis, but I suppose you could use one for badminton - it will move the grip size by one unit. However, it will also move the racket balance downwards substantially before your "normal" grip goes on, so the racket will play differently. There is also an issue of losing the octagon-ness of the handle if you end up having to use more than one of these things.

I'd see about swapping the racket for a G4 - that way all the work has been done at the factory. If you're torn between two sizes, get the smaller one - it's easier to make a small grip bigger than a big grip smaller.

3. dingboy

dingboy Regular Member

Administration Executive

Bro .... for your information and consideration ..... :D

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...od-....-DIY-Pics?highlight=heat+shrink+sleeve

4. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Thanks guys. I've just wrapped it in two overgrips which seems to make it feel better. Although the balance is a touch less head heavy now, I prefer it that way as I do feel the 8DX is a touch to head heavy for my liking.