Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Grommets for CARBONEX ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by maxout, Dec 9, 2012.

1. maxout

maxout Regular Member

I am planning to purchase some new grommets (most likely from MBS) for my Carbonex 20sp, 8000Ti ... since this is a NEW AREA for me ... any idea what sizes I should buy for Cabs ?

Most of the stringers that I know do not do complete set of grommet change, so I may have to do so myself and then let them string.

Furthermore, what tools do I need apart from a pair of pliers and a sharp blade ?

Any advice and recommendations are most appreciated - TQ in advance :)

#1 maxout, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  2. maxout

maxout Regular Member

I tried looking for specific Yonex grommets for CABS but to no avail, I guess I have to end up using the generic types but what type/size ? :confused:

3. raistian

raistian Regular Member

What I've bought (from researching this forum) was:

MBS Generic grommets type C (shared grommets) & I (single grommets). They're both the "long" version & some people recommend to trim them with a razor to size (longer grommet can be cut, short cannot be extended :p). According to my research, this fits 99% of racquets out there (the other 1% is U-shaped grommets found in newer racquets).

Note that I haven't received the above items (they're still in transit) so it's only info that I found from digging around in this forum.

Another idea is to salvage grommets from old/ broken racquets & put them into the Cab ;)

4. maxout

maxout Regular Member

I shall wait for you to test and review first :)

5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I used to use HQ type A (single) and C (double / shared) gromments, and with trimming, they will fit for most of the rackets. I believe type I is a legit choice, if you do not have A.

6. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Thanks for sharing. I am waiting in the post for my Xmas presents - a de-grommeting tool and new grommets ... :D

7. RazerCutter

RazerCutter Regular Member

Media Consultant
    i also need to change my entire set of grommets for my bs12 later when i go stringing
    no where to twist anymore lol

8. maxout

maxout Regular Member

I folowed raistian's advice on grommets - bought from MBS but the degrommet tool, I buy direct from Eagnas, 50% CHEAPER :eek: than MBS !!