Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

"Hej" from Denmark

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by fitnessguy, Jul 17, 2009.

1. fitnessguy

fitnessguy Regular Member

Student
    Hi everyone.
    Just saw this forum now :p
    i'm a serious badminton player (as i think most of us bc'ers are ;)) at the age of 18. i live in denmark, and i coach three hours every week. unfortunately i can't pratise more than one time a week at the moment, because my local club has not got the courts more than that. thats also why i plan on a club change next season :)
    I play mainly singles but i have got a XD-partner through 11 years now, however, there are not many other XD-pairs in my region so we have not got anyone the play against :(
    I like every aspect of the game, but i have to say i the one thing i like the most i how badminton can take over my mind. when i play a great match i just focus on the game and not anything else - all problems goes away for an hour every time.
    My game is pretty good even though i haven't got that many possibilyties traning-wise. i keep up with/often beat the second highest level of players here in denmark.
    that was a lot about me, so now i'm going to read about all of you ;)

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Welcome..^^

..to BCDF, fitnessguy!:)..So, whereabouts in Denmark are you from? Copenhagen? Odense?..I know there are quite a lot of baddy clubs in Denmark. Some even have leagues where the clubs compete. I know of another U.S. player who is playing/coacing at one of the clubs there.
    Anyway, keep on coming back & have fun surfing in here!;):cool:

3. fitnessguy

fitnessguy Regular Member

Student
    i live in jutland (near Horsens and Vejle) and there is a lot of clubs here and many of those are playing in the leagues, but in my club (as i mentioned, it's small) we don't have enough players to make a team, so i just play tourneys for now :)