Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Hello all!

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Arc7_Canuck, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Arc7_Canuck

Arc7_Canuck New Member

IT
    Hello all,

I'm in Vancouver, Canada and have been lurking on this forum for a couple of weeks now. I decided to join as this looks to be the perfect place for me to gain as much knowledge about badminton as possible! I am at a beginner level (been playing for about 6 months now) and I am hoping to get to an advanced level fairly soon ( I realize this takes time, effort and hard work). Currently I play about 3 nights a week, but i'm planning on substituting one of those nights with getting a coach to train me.

One of my biggest problems right now I feel is my movement around the court. I am fairly stocky at 179cm's and 95kg's. I am not fat or out of shape (I do hit the weights a lot), but I still find my mass hard to move around. This causes me to get to the shuttle late and as a result affects my shots. I have watched a lot of online videos on movement and it has helped slightly but I still find I cannot make sudden changes of direction.

Anyways that was long I know. Just want to say hello!:)

2. Gicutzu

Gicutzu Regular Member

Student
    Welcome to BadmintonCentral!

3. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Welcome. Where in Van do you play?

4. Arc7_Canuck

Arc7_Canuck New Member

IT
    Hey thanks for the welcome!

Madbad, I play at Cameron center (drop in) and IC (out in Delta...also drop in), but i'm always lookin for new places. What about you?