Hello world!

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by dragtyson, Jun 27, 2008.

1. dragtyson

dragtyson Regular Member

Hi, my name is John Huynh. I hope to be a great badminton player! I have no tournament experience, or real badminton matches. I usually play outdoors without a net (I know, wind o.o) with my friends. Everyone in my grade (just graduated grade 8) says I'm the best in the grade though :). I have 1 black knight racket, and a few unknown brand rackets. I don't have enough money to go to a club and there aren't any places around I can play. When I get into high school I'm going to join the badminton team and hope I get good results. I know how to do a basic slice drop shot, and I have a decent backhand. So any advice you can give me?

- John H.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I just turned 14 on May 24th.

#1 dragtyson, Jun 27, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  2. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    hi John,
    welcome to BC...............:)

good to hear that you are getting serious in badminton.
    1st advice, never play outdoor, this will affect your strokes and timing.....;)

3. dragtyson

dragtyson Regular Member

I know that for sure. But really, I have nowhere else to play.

-John H.

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Welcome..

..to BCBF, dragtyson (John)!:)..Glad to have another baddy enthusiast joining this community...After all, it's really a small world out there, esp. for baddy fans/enthusiasts alike.;)
    Anyway, for your inquiry of places to play in and around your area (Ontario, CAN), you may want to look around in this sub-forum below:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6 ...good luck!:cool:

On that note, make yourself comfortable and enjoy surfing this "baddy world" aka BC!;):cool:

#4 ctjcad, Jun 27, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
  5. dragtyson

dragtyson Regular Member

Haha, baddy enthsiast. I love badminton. It's a very small world, but I'm sure some company would lead the glory one day (maybe Yonex :O). Anyways, when I said that there weren't places to play I meant there were, but age restrictions and time (like 6 p.m.- 9 p.m. is too late for me) just get in the way. Hope I can one day get somewhere to play and get sponsored!

-John H.

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hi there, welcome to the forum:)