Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

help, string problem

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Benasp, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Benasp

Benasp Regular Member

when i play with my racquet, the main string move a lots, someone know why, my tought is that the cross strings are too loose but is there something with the grommet, mine are very old ?

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    It could be the tension is too low, however, no matter how high the tension is, the string could still move if the string is still new. There is no "cutting-in" to set the strings in when the strings are still new.

3. eiffel

eiffel Regular Member

I highly doubt that it has anything to do with the grommets.

I think you should provide a little more detail: string new or old ? tight or loose ?

I personally think its the way you are hitting the bird. I find that players who do not hit the bird flat and instead slice it on angle results in main strings moving quite a bit.