Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Help with situation please.

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Boney, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Boney

Boney Regular Member

teacher
    Male 45yr, Newbie Player, right handed, 180lbs, no name racket, playing for a few years on-off, but love the game, even smile when I loose.

With help here I have fixed one of my major bad points, recieving a back hand high serve, I am now getting better at the back hand overhead around the neck shot, thnx to all.
    My problem now is that I loose many point in playing this one guy and it goes like this.

playing doubles we play side by side, I am standing in the middle of my half. He hits it deep and kind of fast, I take steps back and return it, I return it high and deep as every time I have tried to return it fast and low he dinks it back and I can not get it. When I hit it high and deep he is still able to return it very fast because he knows I will not hit it just over the net so he positions himself very well. I loose 8 of 10 times when this happens.
    Any comments as to what I am doing wrong PLEASE help, I am determined to beat this now that I am doing better at the high back hand shot.

2. chrishin

chrishin Regular Member

then do something that's not obvious... siplest thing to do :)

pack plenty of surprises

3. harmono

harmono Regular Member

Maybe get a really hot young lady to stand behind your court and stretch. As much as I hate to loose, I like when my oppenents play these stupid tricks on me.

4. Crazypeetee246

Crazypeetee246 Regular Member

you've got the advantage on him considering he keeps thinking you will clear, I can see his legs moving backwards but his body moving forward while he falls on the floor as soon as u learn a nasty backcourt drop. :D

Maybe try clearing to his backhand side?
    Also, if this is doubles and he forced you back, I think (don't quote me on this) your partner should shift slightly to the front and to your side.

(plz don't yell at me if I made a horrible mistake :D )

5. __Lam

__Lam Regular Member

lol, i would probably get distracted no matter which side i was on :p , it might backfire.

6. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    then get it back when he dinks it, gotta learn your defence

7. morewood

morewood Regular Member

Practice your clears for a start, be good if you can hit both rear corners then you give him a problem by going for the fast drop as well.

8. Boney

Boney Regular Member

teacher
    Crazypeetee
    "nasty backcourt drop" I am picturing this as a high shot to the back corner, am I correct ?
    yyling agree with you think I may need to work on my conditioning, moorewood, good ideas and I will try them this friday
    Thank you all for you help

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I believe "backcourt drop" means u r in the back court, and drop to opponent's front, prefer close to the net. ;)

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Footwork and balancing the body properly would help a lot.

Try side shuffling to the back corner. I wrote a whole load of stuff about this a few years ago.