Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Hey London-ers...

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by malayali, May 7, 2009.

1. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
    I am visiting London for a couple of days early next month. I have never been there so, I need some "tourist tips" from the London-ers. What all can I see in 2 days? Are there any conducted/chartered tours that you guys would recommend? Will I be needing a car to go around or is the public transportation pretty robust?

2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

u should know what happen in the champions league semi final clash yesterday;):D:D
    hehehe

3. crosscourt

crosscourt Regular Member

Legal
    The public transportation scheme is good but quite expensive. You can buy a one-day travelcard which will cover all your travel for the day. That's probably the best thing to do. Central London can be a nightmare to drive in and also parking spaces are rarely found.

One of my favourite things to do is to take a boat trip up and down the Thames. Also the London Eye is quite popular, it's essentially a large wheel like you find at fairgrounds but it has pods that can take 8 or so people instead of seats.

What kind of things do you like doing? Museums? Art galleries? Restaurants? Bars?

4. zard.

zard. Regular Member

i love watching Broadway shows and visiting the Museums

5. General Foo

General Foo Regular Member

student
    lol plenty for u to do then but its not summer here yet

6. logicalguy

logicalguy Regular Member

The london eye is rubbish for its price. If you've got £20 to throw away go for it (it's probably worth £5 max).