Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

HI everybody :DD

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Damaoren, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Damaoren

Damaoren Regular Member

Student
    Hi everyone, I'm 14 and from Singapore. Just recently joined Badminton central and have since learnt lots of stuff from other enthusiasts here. I heard this website from some random guy but just got addicted to it :D.

I got serious in this sport at 11 (as in hardcore footwork training) and play singles for my school (Evergreen)now which is terrible in sports (no achievements). But I hope to win a competiton next year so i'm training hard now to improve my strokes and footwork. I have badminton around 2 times a week, 2 hours each (training on wednesday, and doubles with some retired coaches at Tessehnsohn CSC on sundays). Well, the coaches play the classic point system (15 point) and have perfect placing..

I own a Yonex voltric 70 with BG66 @ 26lbs (i regret that tension), an Armourtec 700 limited with BG65 @ 24lbs and Bedini Smashing power 500 with BG6 @ 24lbs (For some reasons BG6 seems better than 66), but i feel both my voltric and armourtec are fakes.. Practically because the voltric's yonex logo at the T joint is tilted, and the armourtec is too stiff (and it costs $80 SGD). I also wear Yonex SHB 85Ltd.

Additional info just for fun:) : I'm around 167cm tall, i had 222 for my PSLE and am taking EL, CL, Math, Amath, Phy, Chem, Art, Geog/SS next year. I'll take my badminton skill as intermediate because there are so much more people better than me. I have terrible backhand but good overhead shots, and yes, I do believe badminton is 70% footwork, 30% stroke.

I look forward to learning many more useful information here!!

2. jajvirta

jajvirta Regular Member

Programmer
    Welcome. :)

Sounds like you have the right sort of enthusiasm and motivation for the game.

3. Damaoren

Damaoren Regular Member

Student
    Haha thanks, it's my interest anyway!

4. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

good

keep it up n enjoy yr playing

5. cyberangle208

cyberangle208 Regular Member

Medical Technologist
    try using apac.... :D they are good too and it will play almost like a yonex for a cheaper price