Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

How to make a racket grip bigger?

Discussion in 'Grip' started by ALI, Jul 6, 2002.

1. ALI

ALI Regular Member

Student
    Hi. I'm not sure if this question should be here or in the equipment forum, so sorry if I put it the wrong place.

Well, I have a Ti 10 racquet with a towel grip. When the towel grip is new (newly put on), I feel that I have very much power because the grip is bigger and I can hold the racquet tight upon impact. I feel that I can hit as hard as I like without the racquet flying away from my hands. However, after sometime, the grip starts to become flatter and flatter due to the fact that I was squeezing it during my strokes. So, after 3 hours of playing, I started to feel as if I am going to throw the racquet away when I hit. Therefore, I can't produce powerful shots because it is impossible to do so when you can't hold the racquet tightly.

I suspect it should be because the racquet handle is small (I have a G4). What should I do to rectify this problem? For your information, I have took down the leather grip which comes with the racquet, so the towel grip is the sole grip. Does it help to put a grip below it before putting on the towel grip? And if I do so, the racquet balance will be shifted to the grip, does this affect my power? Thanks!

P/S: I have a Ti 8 (G4 too) which uses the same make of towel grip (Yonex), but I can still feel confident after playing with it for hours. The grip just doesn't seem to get smaller and smaller, unlike my Ti 10.

2. Tezta.com

Tezta.com Regular Member

I stay at home as much as possible
    I use towel grips also, but i never take off the original leather grip. I just put the towel G over the leather one and it works fine. True its a bit big at first but after you get your hand print in it, the racket feels much better. Try putting back the original leather grip or buy a new one (since the old one probably wont stick too well) from your sporting good store. Honstly i do not think having an extra grip below your towel will affect your power. Always try to buy the same brand of towel grip, i know that Yonex is pretty thin, while Pro Kennex is a bit thicker and lasts longer. I use the Kennex, if i can find them.

TezTa

3. Tezta.com

Tezta.com Regular Member

I stay at home as much as possible
    I use towel grips also, but i never take off the original leather grip. I just put the towel G over the leather one and it works fine. True its a bit big at first but after you get your hand print in it, the racket feels much better. Try putting back the original leather grip or buy a new one (since the old one probably wont stick too well) from your sporting good store. Honstly i do not think having an extra grip below your towel will affect your power. Always try to buy the same brand of towel grip, i know that Yonex is pretty thin, while Pro Kennex is a bit thicker and lasts longer. I use the Kennex, if i can find them.

TezTa

4. Chia

Chia Regular Member

High School