Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

I just rented a brand new Demo--BABOLAT(Comet) My impressions!!!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by NVIDIA256, Nov 9, 2002.

1. NVIDIA256

NVIDIA256 Regular Member

OK so I went to Yo's sports today and he has the whole line of the satelite series there. SO I decided to choose the Comet(TOP of the LINE model), he was bragging all about it. Matter of fact after I descried to him my style of play in Badminton, he tried to per sway me away from the way more expensive MP99. The Babolat Comet retails for $160 Canadian as the MP99 is $240 Canadian

Anyhow I opted to take this racket home(the demo one) after swinging it in the store for a while. Here are my impressions of how this racket plays.

The first thing I immediately noticed was the power this racket transferred from my swing. In other words this is racket packs one heck of a PUNCH, my clears were fast and strong. The racket is a little head heavy, but not over kill. Smashing was excellent, they were fast and deadly. For Power this racket gets 10/10

On to control, I would give this racket 8/10. I found the control of my shots to be clean and accurate, I have had better control with others rackets, but still this racket does a damn good job at it.

Maneuverability, I rate it 7/10. This racket seems to be designed for Single play as you have probably guessed. None the less it did an adequate job at doubles play. Keep in mind this racket weighs I would say 90-91g

Felaxibility is between medium and stiff, in other words not to flexy nor to stiff, all I can say is it's not to stiff nor is it medium flex.

The racket is composed of a combination of High modulus Graphite and Kevlar (none of that Titanium market hype BS) One thing to mention, I can't remeber but the Stringer at YO's was telling me the most impressive part of this racket was the frame and how it is designed, as a stringer for many years he said the R&D and Tech that went into it has very much so impressed him, considering he is a biog fan of the yonex designs.

[​IMG]

Bad pic, but the best i could find.

The racket is composed of a combination of High modulus Graphite and Kevlar (none of that Titanium market hype BS) So to sum it up, I must say this racket totally took me by surprise Babolat has designed a state of the art racket here, where there is no doubt in my mind quality and play is where this company is heading. Great Racket, I recommend that you guys give it a try!

One more thing to note is last week I tested the MP100 and I would have to say this racket takes that title away from it. For me it played better is most aspects than the MP100 and yet the MP100 cost $249 while this goes for $160

#1 NVIDIA256, Nov 9, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2002
  2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    is it long?
    what is so special of the frame design?

3. NVIDIA256

NVIDIA256 Regular Member

Regarding the frame many things. First thing you will notice is the how the strings are put in. They go right inside(tucked away) in the frame, also the string pateren is quite different from the conventional racket it's easier to string without the need to double string the holes and also less number of main/cross. The head is Iso metric.
    The Satelite comet series has been able to accomplish what reugular iso-metric frames have not, that is the same control and power that regular Oval head shaped frame posses. How this is done is through the stringing patteren, by making the strings in the middle more tight(closer together) than it does near the Bottom and top as well as the sides.

Oh yeah, it is not long, Standard length

#3 NVIDIA256, Nov 9, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2002
  4. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    Then I guess I must look like a "water fish" to Koyo...hehe..
    He kept on telling me that Yonex was THIS and THAT!....lol..:p
    Although the technology MIGHT be state of the art, but it has been on market for a year or 2, as Koyo mentioned.

PS. The price for the racquet is actually $169 as I can recall, and doesn't include custom stringing as the racquet is already factory strung.

5. NVIDIA256

NVIDIA256 Regular Member

$160 is what I was quoted over at Yo's, If i didn't already have a set of brand new rackets here I would buy this puppy. Regardless next month I am going to purchase this racket!

6. NVIDIA256

NVIDIA256 Regular Member

I don't exactly understand what you are saying here??

7. zero

zero Regular Member

Student
    Koyo kept on saying that Yonex was the best and stuff, and I was like "sure", cause I didn't want to argue.
    Im saying that technology is pretty old. Cause this racquet was released like last year or so.

8. NVIDIA256

NVIDIA256 Regular Member

Still it's not that old! But yeah he even admitted to me that the racket was good stuff.

9. modious

modious Regular Member

Babolat uses only 1 hole for 1 string. Look at this pic for a clearer view.

Attached Files:

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    oh, ok. Prince had been using that design years ago.
    Also, this one doesn't look like it has the bumps (MP frame)

11. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    It has the bumps all right.

12. NVIDIA256

NVIDIA256 Regular Member

=Nice pic modious=

Come on people give us your thoughts on this thread don't let it die like the other no Yonex's brand racket threads.

13. ronk

ronk Regular Member

I would like to keep the thread alive, but I cannot truly respond without having seen or having tried out Babolat. Sorry.

Ron

14. NVIDIA256

NVIDIA256 Regular Member

LOL, no apology needed, I understand.

15. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    I've played with the Comet, and as I've testified here previously, that was a very nice experience. Not only was the racquet very playable, I was also impressed by the new frame design and the new grip cone. Both are "real" inventions. The price here in Sweden is also about half of an MP100...

16. forrestyung

forrestyung Regular Member

Salesman
    I get one from my friend last week. But I need to re-string before review. Only comment - good painting job!!

Let this tread is going on!!!

I also have a fischer Pro-one badminton racket, any other users are there?

17. NVIDIA256

NVIDIA256 Regular Member

Yeah, That was one of the first things I noticed. The racket has been out for about 2 years and this yers model the paint job is different.

18. eightgeese

eightgeese Regular Member

hi! are babolat rackets available here in the Philippines? if yes, where can i get one? and how much does it cost? especially the Sattelite Pulsar. Tnx.

19. pinoysmash

pinoysmash Regular Member

Architect
    eightgeese

if im not mistaken, planet sports has some..there's this shop in Robinson's East (beside Sta.Lucia Mall), on the 2nd floor right beside the escalator, im not sure if its planetsports, but they do carry Babolats....specially the strings..Hyperbraid

Ive been looking for these rackets since summer...and i know i saw it already.. goodluck bro!

PS

20. eightgeese

eightgeese Regular Member

tnx for the info pinoysmash. i'll let u know as soon as i get one.