Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Importance of Padding

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by charzord, Feb 22, 2006.

1. charzord

charzord Regular Member

Student
    Okay, so I have a Klippermat M140. Standard drop wegith 2 point machine. However, after looking at the "my at800 cracked after restringing" thread, I am a bit scared. So, I was wondering what you guys use for padding. Right now, I just rely on the original leather padding. And I leave a little space between the metal "screw/support". Do you guys put padding between the metal and the top of the racket?

So everyone, please share your opinion on how you restring.

FYI I never string above 21/23. Too risky! And too high, I snap strings like no tomorrow.

P.S. anyone wanna sell me spring fly clamps? My klippermate ones suck.

2. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    For spring-loaded flying clamps, HiQua, Gamma and Yonex are very good.

For padding, you might try a combination of hard and rough raw hide leather and overgrip (Yonex SuperGrap).

Hope these suggestions help!

Oh, you should ask LB and BlueJeff are the M140. I think they are using that model.