Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

injuries

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ben, Mar 2, 2000.

1. ben

ben Guest

<html>i hurt my shoulder 2 weeks ago and it still seems to bother me. i thought it was okay for awhile but it hurt when i swung overhead, so i took a break from badminton for 5 days. i used ice and heat. it feels better now but i'm still careful because it sometimes hurts when i go overhead real fast, like to clear or smash. whats up with my shoulder? is this injury very serious? can anyone offer me some insight please.
    </html>

2. marshall

marshall Regular Member

Computer Security Manager
    <html>Get a copy of Sports Injury Handbook by Dr. Alan Levy and read the sections on shoulder injuries and on racquet sports. If you have to see a doctor, ask about the exercises in the book for strengthening your rotator cuff. Make sure you don't increase the injury. <p>Good Luck,<br>marshall <br>: i hurt my shoulder 2 weeks ago and it still seems to bother me. i thought it was okay for awhile but it hurt when i swung overhead, so i took a break from badminton for 5 days. i used ice and heat. it feels better now but i'm still careful because it sometimes hurts when i go overhead real fast, like to clear or smash. whats up with my shoulder? is this injury very serious? can anyone offer me some insight please.<p>
    </html>