Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Injury 5 Days Before Tryouts.

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by alexandruhhhhx, Mar 10, 2010.

1. alexandruhhhhx

alexandruhhhhx New Member

Hello, my name is Alexandra and I am 18 years old. I'm from the United States and this upcoming season will be my third consecutive year playing Badminton.

I play for my school team. In exactly 5 days, tryouts will be held. However, I sprained my ankle 2 days ago! It isn't a bad sprain.... I only have a small amount of limited movement, and I have a bit of discomfort when I put weight on it.

What do you suggest I do? My coach will probably be understanding and let me on the team. But then that would mean I would have to be ready for practice (which is extremely intense) in about 1 1/2 weeks.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance!

2. druss

druss Regular Member

If you're going to get on the team anyway then I'd suggest you rest it until practice. Ankle sprains can be serious if not allowed to heal completely and even then the chances of spraining it again are high.

3. Lordofthefart

Lordofthefart Regular Member

Student
    tape

(message to sort lol)

4. blindaim

blindaim Regular Member

buy an ankle guard.
    it will restrict the movement, prevent u from getting hurt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. alexandruhhhhx

alexandruhhhhx New Member

awesome. thanks so much, everyone, for your input. i will definitely invest in an ankle guard, and have my athletic trainer at school tape my ankle before each practice.

by the way, first day of tryouts was today! i just warmed up a bit, and my coaches decided to let me help them pick out the strong and weak people trying out instead of me actually playing. i'll be doing the same thing tomorrow also.

practices start on thursday, and that's when the ankle guard and tape will save my life, so thanks guys :) <3

6. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    I wouldnt bother with an ankle gaurd. They can be unreliable at times and not always restric the movement according to how you have injured yourself. The only time i would use an ankle gaurd is if a physiotherapist reccomended a specific one to you.

Strapping tape would be your best bet. Learn to strap it properly and go from there. But definately talk to your coach as soon as you can and then rest up until practice.

I trained very very hard for 8 months to get to nationals trials last year. In the tournament 2 weeks before nationals just after knocking out the number 1 seed i collapsed on my ankle and tore the ligaments in my left ankle. A grade 2 tearing i think it was. I had to miss nationals and was out of action for 4 months before i could lightly train again.

So dont risk the injury. I was lucky i could play again!!!!!
    recover and keep safe!