Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Injury around the elbow area

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by dontmakeme, Mar 7, 2011.

Tags:
  1. dontmakeme

dontmakeme Regular Member

student
    Hi,I have some weird problem around my elbow and I am hoping that you guys could give me some advice on how I should take care of it. I think it might be tennis elbow or perhaps golfers elbow. Every time I play badminton for around 1 hour at school it starts to feel funny after a few smashes/clears/drives. If I play any longer it just starts to lose strength and start to shake. I tried resting for a week and my arm felt like it was normal again so I decided to play badminton. After 1 hour it started having the same problem again. I have no idea why it just keeps coming back. This same problem has happened for around a month now and I'm getting irritated by it. I started to increase my rest time from 1 week to 2 weeks and the same thing still occurs.

The racquet I use is the nanospeed 6000 which is around 85-90 grams so I dont think it is a weight problem.

Thank you in advance.

2. kohminkiat

kohminkiat Regular Member

badminto coach (certified BAM Level 1)
    "I am having what they called 'golf elbow' for the past 8 mths. Lately the pain has been reduced a lot (probably around 80%). Last time I only do warm up; now I do warm up (b4 matches) and warm down (after matches). I c players don't do warm up, but even more players don't do warm down". I posted this reply to some1 last mth Feb 18th. Todate my elbow is getting better and better. I didn't reduce the number of days I am playing (I play 3 to 4 times a week) and on no medication as well.

3. dontmakeme

student
    Okay thanks kohminkiat I think I should my warm ups for a bit longer and get into habit of doing warm downs as well.
    Once again thanks for the advice =)

4. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
  5. dontmakeme

student
    Thanks ginger ^-^

6. kohminkiat

kohminkiat Regular Member

badminto coach (certified BAM Level 1)
    What is the level of badminton like in Canada? Is it a popular sport?

7. dontmakeme

student
    At my school the recreational drop in is almost always full. I went with friends to community centre clubs and the second the doors open for the club BAM the courts are full. So I guess you could say its pretty popular in Canada or atleast my province british columbia. The level at which they play at according to me would be around intermediate level. I see a few advanced players that are in tournaments and what not. But majority are intermediates and then a few beginners. Not to be racist or anything most of the time I only see asian people playing badminton so....yeah ;D (I am asian too >.>)