Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Is it possible to change from a larger grip to a smaller grip?

Discussion in 'Grip' started by WalzY, Dec 11, 2007.

1. WalzY

WalzY Regular Member

Student
    Is it possible to change from a G3 to a G4 or G5 Grip? Once again I have a question about my racquet :D. I have a G3 at the moment, I prefer a smaller grip like my old racquet (Armortec 800 Offensive). I was wondering if it's possible for me to ask the shop to change the grip from a G3 to a G4 or G5? I hope the racquet handle under the grip isn't shaped differently (bigger or smaller) meaning it will only take a G3. Please help :confused:.

2. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    For the racket handle, the wood handle is a different size which is ment for the particular grip size such as G3, G4, and G5.

You would essentially have to obtain a racket in that particular grip you are looking for. Technically, one could shave the wood down but it would not be advised because the wood has a certain thickness since it is hallow on the inside (to compensate for the weight). Making it too thin could compromise the handle.

#2 Matt, Dec 11, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  3. Tsuioku

Tsuioku Regular Member

Student
    If you only need it to be ~0.5-1.0 grip size smaller, you can replace the stock grip with an overgrip (ie overgrip directly on wood). It will make the racket head heavier and give a less cushioned grip though...