Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Is it too late?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by leo29, Jul 16, 2006.

1. leo29

leo29 Regular Member

Hi, I am currently starting my first year of county (in england) at the age of 15, if i want to become a badminton player, how do achieve this? and what are the stages i need to go through. Will i get recognised or is it too late?

cheers,

leo

2. jerby

jerby Regular Member

well. there's always a bigger fish...When I was 13 I was playing at the 'top' youth competion. A grade. all my opponents were at least 16, at 14 I was beatign them. Sounds impressing..truth is: all the real talents don't even play youth-competition...

I know at least 5 13 year old playing 4th national division (wich really is an accomplishment, at current statstics all 5 are ranked top 200 mens singles nationally) I knew this, so it wasn't really a big let down to knwo there's a step above....

moral: let it pass...you can always enjoy badminton wihtout being of world-level. World-top is only for 100 people, and they train at least 30 hours a week!

Theoretically: you can, if you are talented, can afford to drop the rest of your life and have supportive people around you...

My vision: don't set such a goal, you'll end up dissapointed. make your goal "I love badminton, and I'm goign to practise as hard as a can (and enjoy it) and get the maximum out of myself...wether my peak is 3th division (national) or top 10 worldwide..."

I was trying to find "so you wanna be a star?" or badders.net but I can't find it...

3. dropper

dropper Regular Member

Sales
  4. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Excellent advice jerby :D

-dave

5. jerby

jerby Regular Member

Thanks Dropper. and wood_chuck.:)