Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

is it worth it to drill trick shots?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by thumpsky, Jul 19, 2011.

1. thumpsky

thumpsky Regular Member

Student
    what do you guys think?

2. neavalmi0421

neavalmi0421 Regular Member

New Product Development
    if the player/s have already a good mastery of the basic shot then i think it's alright. Though i think in between the trick shots and basic shots, the deceptive shots should be in between. Basic shots, then move to deceptive, then the trick shots. I think the trick shots are for the elite and the pros.

3. dlp

dlp Regular Member

Accountant / Coach
    n421, I agree

Basic shots,
    Then more advanced advanced shots e.g. normal/reverse slice forehands, backhand reverse slice drop, all normal deceptions, tumbling the shuttle on net, stick smash, slicing drives/defence etc

Then mostly for skill/fun/relaxation "trick shots" can be learned e.g. behind back, between legs, missing the overhead then hitting underarm etc, while you sometimes will pull one out in a game you are never looking to do it, and your training time is probably better spent on other things!

4. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. Get only NCAP/NROC certified coach. C
    yes, its good to master the rest first. Once a while it is ok, but just don't make a habit out of it. Risky and people can term it as arrogant. ;)