Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Is there a similar but cheaper option to Li-ning N55?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by quotidian, Jun 11, 2010.

1. quotidian

quotidian Regular Member

Hi, i was wondering if there was a similar but cheaper option (similar shaft stiffness/slight head heaviness/designed for and works best at 3U) to Li-ning N55 by other manufacturers.

On another note, I currently use a more flexible racket at 24lbs, and it feels like there's a limit to the amount of power i can generate effortlessly. Would increasing the string tension on this flexible racket help, or should I move straight on to a stiffer racket? I've tried the N55 as well as Victor Artery CLS 8900 - both of which doesn't have this feeling of limitation, if you get what i mean...

Thanks in advance.

2. quotidian

quotidian Regular Member

Just to explain my situation better, it feels like swinging faster and harder allows me to generate power on my current racket only up to a certain point, after which the additional effort you spend doesn't result in a better hit/greater power anymore.

3. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    Well yeah, try upping the tension.

Also, don't discount the 'cheaper' Li-Ning rackets either. I have a 300C and 100C, and they are insane rackets for the money. Personally, I don't think the N Series are the be-all-and-end-all, and that perhaps 95% of players would be better off with the lower tiered models and pocketing the difference.

I've only had a few hits with the N55 and didn't like it or it's cheap and nasty paintjob. Another racket to consider if you like slight head heaviness is the Victor BS11. I didn't have a chance to back-to-back these two, but the BS11 is one of those rackets that does everything pretty well. Worth a look.