Juliane Schenk

Discussion in 'Professional Players' started by cobalt, Jul 23, 2012.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the interviewer is not having a very good day either!!

2. Ton-Min-Bad

Ton-Min-Bad Regular Member

^Lol, minutes before he said that he was actually scared of interviewing her after this painful loss. :D

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i am scare of her in general, esp if she's happen to be standing on the other side of the net!

but surprisingly friendly when in front of the camera. :)

4. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

And very friendly in person too! :)

5. Hokutoshinken

Hokutoshinken Regular Member

Hi,
    so did anyone else see her throw the last few points because she was losing and then smack the shuttle way out of the side of the court in the QF at the All England. There was no way that any of that was an accident... Not exactly setting a good example....

I think I will have to watch her now ;-)

6. vixter

vixter Regular Member

I think that's setting a great example. :D I love watching players go bananas. Shows it means a lot to them.

7. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Juliane Schenk just had her officlal 'coming out'! She was asked in an interview to tell something that not maybe people knew about. Her answer was that 'just a few people know that my former mental coach is now my girlfriend'. :)

8. Ton-Min-Bad

Ton-Min-Bad Regular Member

The coming out itself wasn't surprising at all. Everybody kinda knew this. But the fact that she's with her former mental coach might explain one thing or two.

9. yitao

yitao Regular Member

What is the Yonex racket she got in the first picture ?

10. Hokutoshinken

Hokutoshinken Regular Member

Nah, I'm not surprised at all, either. She is way too hench and walks like a man.... But I like the way she plays, though. I'm not into the namby pamby play where you are 10-15min into a WS match and the score is only 3-2! :-D

11. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    and all the asians are gonna go "OMG!" lol

12. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    [h=1]Schenk quits German national team[/h]
    http://www.badzine.net/news/schenk-quits-german-national-team/25784/

EXCERPTS:

Women’s singles world #3 Juliane Schenk announced last week that she would be leaving the German national team.

“‘Unity and justice and freedom’ are desirable for me not only as an anthem at a medal ceremony. They must be reflected as values in my everyday training and competition. And indeed constant, as a working basis and not tactical, as required. I miss that in the German Badminton Association,” Schenk wrote, the opening quote coming from the German national anthem.

“I can only confirm accusations of ‘disrespect’, which are now making the rounds. There is a lack of respect regarding my person, particularly with regard to my work philosophy. I do not disagree to the reproach of ‘disrespect’ from my trainer to me, supported by the executive committee of the German association. I actually have lost respect with regard to the machinations of our association. Power should come from doing!” her statement continues, closing with, “Now we go our separate ways. I resign from the national team at the end of 2013.”

The move comes less than three weeks before Schenk begins her title defense at the Li-Ning Singapore Open Superseries. Last month, she was one of two surprise absentees from Germany’s Sudirman Cup squad.

In response to Schenk’s decision, Martin Kranitz, Director of Sport for the German Badminton Association (DBV), told the German Press Agency (dpa): “There are rules in the interaction between us and the players. Juliane had trouble with that. At the end, nothing fit together.”

Very paining decision for her..:(

13. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    so what now? no more juliane schenk on the circuit?

14. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

She can still enter as an independant. There have been a few well known players that have done so.
    However; that decision is up to her.

15. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    May be she was not allowed to represent her country in all BWF tournaments (eg.. World championships).. But really a great loss to Germany for losing such a great soldier slipping away from her hands. I have to say that German Badminton association need to settle down their differences with her in order to safeguard their valuable player.

Would we not be able to watch her play in the coming world championships ??? :confused:

Any german fans over here can help me regarding this??? What was the problem actually and why did they take such a painful decision??? Please anybodyelse??

16. tiake

tiake New Member

oh my ....
    everybody can see the tensions between her and her coach in the tournaments (she's not coaching or seem to ignore her coach, and they don't look really happy even if she win)
    but that's a really important decision here....
    I hope she will continue to play, from herself or in another country
    I love her way of playing so don't stop please
    you are one of the few european to beat the asian player >< !!

PS: sorry if my english is not good , I'm french and not pro to speak english ^^

17. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    DBV ended collaboration with Juliane Schenk

http://www.badminton.de/Meldungen.1606.0.html

The complete transcript by Google translate is as follows:

Exclusion from the squad with immediate effect + + + WM-start is enabled

(03.06.2013, CP) The Bureau of the German Badminton Association (DBV), the two-time European silver medalist and current world ranking third in the women's singles, Juliane Schenk (SG EBT Berlin), immediately expelled from the squad. Ensure that those responsible attracted the consequences of existing differences for several years with the 30-year-old three-time Olympian, now reaching a climax: May 2013 press release given by her resignation from the German national team badminton at the end is known and attacked the leaders in the DBV sharp.

"After many years of promotion and a very successful cooperation in the result, we currently see no basis for a trusting relationship with Juliane Schenk," said DBV-president Karl-Heinz Kerst. Reason were violations by Juliane Schenk to common rules of conduct and excessive demands of the native from Krefeld to the central organization.

"In the wake of the Olympic Games in London late last year, we have formulated our expectations and demands against Juliane Schenk. These apply in addition to all athletes alike, "said Dietrich Heppner, the. Competitive sports for Vice-President in DBV

After a positive start in 2013 Juliane Schenk said short and surprisingly from their participation in the Mixed Team Championships in Malaysia (19 to 26 May 2013). They justified this, among other things, that - in their view - the leaders in the DBV the work of their former mental trainer and current girlfriend is not sufficiently appreciate and acknowledge. "This is incomprehensible for various reasons and not to accept a rejection reason," said chief coach Holger Hasse.

For an accepted DBV Bureau and coaching staff cooperation between the reigning bronze medalist Juliane Schenk and her mental trainer. Where possible, the Association supported this even - even financially. On the other Juliane Schenk had announced at the beginning of the current year, that they no longer work together with their long-standing mental trainer. When looking for a potential successor Holger Hasse Juliane Schenk offered to help. However, "None of the proposals were accepted. An open exchange of ideas on the subject was not possible, "said the chief coach.

In addition to the cancellation of the Mixed Team Championships, the DBV leadership had also confronted the women's singles with sweeping unverifiable allegations by the three-time German champion. After Holger Hasse Juliane Schenk had informed immediately after returning from Asia that a trusting and respectful collaboration under these circumstances is not possible, the sports soldier of the Bundeswehr her retirement from the national team declared two days later against those responsible in the PRV at the end of the year , 2013.

On the same day this Juliane Schenk informed about the consequences adopted the day before in connection with their rejection of the mixed team championship. This envisaged, among other things, the payment of expenses incurred by the start of waiver by Juliane Schenk and a reduction in the tournament promotion. "The then published by Juliane Schenk press release in which they announced their separation from DBV, again contained untenable accusations and flat, so from our point of view is given no basis for further cooperation. Squad committee and presidium of the PRV then decided unanimously by the immediate exclusion of Juliane Schenk in the national squad, "said DBV-president Karl-Heinz Kerst.

To participate in the taking place in about two months Individual Championships (4th-August 11, 2013 in Guangzhou / China) and other tournaments responsible in DBV Juliane Schenk but do not want to refuse: "It is now number three in the world and has thus the highest placing holds in her career. "It would therefore be" athletic not justified ", exclude them from competitions, said chief national coach Holger Hasse.

Juliane Schenk benefited more than 15 years of their maximal promotion of the DBV and its partners.The numerous service opportunities that were available to her thus, they made ​​extensive use to date. Only the psychological support offered to her sport and sometimes the measures envisaged by the competent coach coaching at tournaments they took no longer to complete in recent years. "We have always responded with great openness and tolerance to their individual needs," said Karl-Heinz Kerst. DBV-President added, "We believe that the delivery systems of the DBV and his partner, teammate, sparring partners, coaches, and many other volunteer and full-time people who supported the career of Juliane Schenk sustainable. The more we regret the immediate separation from her. We see this as an alternative but equally to Juliane Schenk and want more for their athletic and personal future. "

Claudia Pauli Claudia Pauli

(Spokesperson DBV)

18. icey_drone

icey_drone Regular Member

Student
    Nothing can't be negotiated.

It's best of both parties that they get together the settle things. This happened because either one or both ends aren't giving in and acting in a stubbornish manner.

Talk with them. Talk with them. Talk with them!

Put your differences aside and think whats best for yourself and your country!

This is where I think China excels in the most. Discipline and order within the national team.
    It's not the best, of course there will be arguments here and there and politics.

But I have rarely heard cases where players express such dissatisfaction in the national squad...
    At least within their top squads, there seem to be emphasis put onto player mental discipline and mindset.

I think all national teams like Germany, Indonesia, Malaysia and England can follow China in this area.

19. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

She withdrew her name herself unexpectedly at short notice before the SC. If you want to benefit from the national team $$$ it is only reasonable that you follow the program but as we have been seeing more of recently some want their cake and eat it too. "yes I am going to quit the NT at the end of the year but first I am going to profit from their funding till then" [​IMG]

But they will still allow her entry to the WC and any other tournaments fyi ...

20. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

They already negotiated in the past (even agreed to support her "mental coach" for a period $$$) and all was well at the start of the year but apparently she still could not be happy with that agreement ...

You are still stuck in ancient ways with national teams I see :D. "Discipline"? The if not you then 10 others kind of discipline?

#80 demolidor, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2013