Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

June Bevan U17 Tournament 2006

Discussion in '2006 Tournaments' started by eek!oh!, Apr 13, 2006.

1. eek!oh!

eek!oh! Regular Member

This year its being held in Western Australia. Teams start tomorrow.

I know the Northern NZ 1 team is very strong. How are the other teams looking?

2. eek!oh!

eek!oh! Regular Member

3. eek!oh!

eek!oh! Regular Member

Northern NZ 1 won with NZ teams also 3rd, 4th & 5th. Shows the value of our developement programme over here. I would think Kiwis will win everything in the individuals as well except for the girls singles.

4. eek!oh!

eek!oh! Regular Member

Well, talk about pride (mine!) going before a fall. The kiwis only won the boys doubles. I guess they ran out of puff - & I have heard that Emma Chapple was very unwell in the months leading up to the tournament. What was a great achievement was that all the boys from Northern 1 plus James Eunson got to the quarter finals of the boys singles. I would still argue that shows we have greater depth over here.
    But congrats to Mulliet for coming runner up in the boys doubles - & SA's Leanne Choo for winning all 3 of her events.