Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Just picking back up badminton

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by xlloyd, Aug 10, 2011.

1. xlloyd

xlloyd New Member

Hey all,

I used to play badminton for my high school and played at university last year or so but I haven't touched my racket since then. I really want to pick back up badminton but I'm looking for a racket and I'm not sure which to get. I've been looking at some Apacs rackets on the advice of someone (mainly because of my low budget of $100 or less) and they seem to be pretty good so that's the only brand I've been seriously considering (open to suggestions though).

I don't know if I'm going to be mainly a singles or doubles player and I'm really not sure about my playing style. I had an Armortec 300 before and I liked it but I only bought it 'cause it was lighter and better than the beginner's racket I had before...not because of it's actual stats.

In my mind, I love the idea of attacking badminton but my build doesn't allow me heavy smashes and the like so I'm thinking of a light racket like the Nano 9900 (and I see a deal on eBay for 2 of them for <$100)...but I don't know if I should get maybe one Nano 9900 and probably an attacking racket so I can really decide what will work best for me.

Any suggestions of a good all round racket that won't break the bank and that I can use to flesh out my style of play?

Thanks,
    xlloyd

2. xlloyd

xlloyd New Member

Or maybe a Nano 900 Power?

3. Bionx

Bionx Regular Member

u sure u can get 2 nano 9900 for <$100 ?!?!?!?!?!?!!!! :eek:

4. J-Dragon

J-Dragon Regular Member

yes on ebay.. by BadmintonBay :)

And for xlloyd, i think you should go with apacs because its a good quality brand for a good price. You should try Lethal 9.. ;)

5. xlloyd

xlloyd New Member