Kamilla Juhl pics...

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by *GaDe~CaMiLlA*, Jan 19, 2006.

1. *GaDe~CaMiLlA*

*GaDe~CaMiLlA* Regular Member

Student, Multimedia Designer

Attached Files:

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Laybourn and Juhl posted a 21-13, 21-17 victory over defending champions Nova Widianto and Liliyana Natsir of Indonesia.

"I am shocked. It's an amazing feeling. Now I can imagine what it means to be a world champion," said Laybourn.

"We were cool on the court today. I think our opponents were a little edgy and under pressure. This is the biggest day of my life. We have won a lot of tournaments together, but this is the best."

It was the second successive big win for Laybourn and Juhl, who had beaten top-seeded Koreans Lee Yong Dae and Lee Hyo Jung in the semi-final on Saturday.

"It's a great feeling. I have been crying all the time. The way to the final has been amazing. We beat the top seeds and now the defending champions. Our strategy was to remain cool and calm," said Juhl.

"I hope the win will inspire a lot of people to play the game in Europe. Asia is too dominant and this win should help put Europe back on track."

Attached Files:

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Laybourn-Rytter Juhl end long wait for mixed doubles crown

DENMARK’s Thomas Laybourn-Kamilla Rytter Juhl took their magical run in the World Championships all the way to lift the first mixed doubles title in 14 years for their country at the Gachibowli Stadium in Hyderabad yesterday.
    And the duo took their time to savour their triumph after beating two-time champions and top seeds Nova Widianto-Lilyana Natsir of Indonesia 21-13, 21-17 in a lop-sided final.
    They jumped for joy, rolled on the court and even threw their racquets to the audience. It was the most outstanding result of their careers and they did it magnificently in the championships by taking down all top three pairs in the world.
    [​IMG] Thomas Laybourn-Kamilla Rytter Juhl continued their fairy-tale run to end Denmark’s 14-year wait for a World Championships mixed doubles title in Hyderabad Sunday. - AP
    They defeated third seeds Zheng Bo-Ma Jin of China in the quarter-finals and shocked Olympic champions and second seeds Lee Yong-dae-Lee Hyo-jung of South Korea in the semi-finals.
    Laybourn-Rytter Juhl are the second Danish mixed doubles pair after Thomas Lund-Marlene Thomsen to win a world championship crown. And they ended a six-year wait for a world title for Denmark, who previous success came from the men’s pair of Lars Paaske-Jonas Rasmussen in 2003.
    Laybourn, who hammered four straight smashes to deliver the winning point yesterday, was over the moon.
    “I am shocked and still shaking all over. It has been an amazing journey for both of us to end up as world champions today,” he said.
    “The Indonesians (two-time world champions) were a bit shaky today while we stayed cool and calm. Our main focus was just to enjoy the game. It was certainly the biggest day of our lives.”
    Rytter Juhl hoped that the win would generate greater interest in the sport in Europe.
    “This is very good for Danish badminton and also Europe generally. It is not too good for the sport if Asia continued to dominate,” she said.
    Laybourn-Rytter Juhl hope to ride on their successes and continue to work on fulfilling their dream to take the Olympic gold in London in 2012.
    Lund, who is now the Badminton World Federation (BWF) chief operating officer, was also jubilant over the success of Laybourn-Rytter Juhl.
    “It gives me great feeling that the long wait for a mixed doubles title had ended for my country. It will be a boost for the Danish badminton tradition and I feel elated with their achievements today,” he said.

other pair will surely watch out their game after this..:D

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2009/8/17/sports/4533326&sec=sports

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

5. Master

Master Regular Member