Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Knee Injuries

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by aLifeBondd, Jan 31, 2010.

1. aLifeBondd

aLifeBondd New Member

Anyone knows how to cure a minor Ligament tear that i had from playing basketball ?
    Its been around 5 months.
    Occasionally the injury will come again in 1-2 months and it happened thrice already.
    I was wondering how can i cure it cos i dont really dare to jump while playing badminton now.
    So far while playing badminton i didnt suffer any injuries, its always when i'm playing basketball.
    I went to a hospital for x-rays before and everything was normal.
    The doctor said that it MAY be a minor ligament tear but i didnt complete the physio and such.
    Hoping it isnt.
    I'd appreciate it if anyone knows how to cure it ><.
    It's rather important for me to cure cos i'm more of an active type which loves to walk here and run there.
    Thanks in advance.

aLifeBondd -

2. visor

visor Regular Member

A few words of advice from someone with bad knee ligament injuries...

1. Do your physio and exercises.
    2. If it still bothers you after so long, it may not be a simple ligament tear... it may involve the meniscus also. MRI, or even better yet, arthroscopy is the only way to diagnose it.
    3. Try wearing a neoprene type knee tensor to support your joint when you play.

4. Stop playing basketball!?

3. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

Starving Graduate Student
    I don't think there's really a cure. It's sad, but when you injure your knee it will NOT be the same ever again. All you can do is find ways to support your knee; build your leg muscles and wear knee sleeves.

I would take precaution and find out what your doctor recommends.

4. aLifeBondd

aLifeBondd New Member

Yea..
    I know that such cases will recover by itself over a period of time but i didn't expect it to take such a long time.

@Joseph :
    Will wearing knee sleeves help to reduce pains/injuries?
    The doctor told me to buy a guard or something before it costs about SGD$150+, it was too ex that my father and I thought that it wasn't neccessary to spend that money. O:

@Visor :
    I've stopped playing basketball for about 1months already, kind of improving i guess. Didn't suffer anymore injuries.
    I've been extremely careful on the way i walk and play badminton too.

aLifeBondd -