Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

lateral collateral ligament pain?

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Skirmisher, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Skirmisher

Skirmisher Regular Member

Hi guys, did a quick search and didn't find too much on lcl injuries so decided to post

Recently ive been experiencing pain on the outside of my LEFT knee. Now i am pretty sure that it is the lateral collateral ligament that is hurting...
    It usually happens after i do a smash that's somewhat around the head. *ex. i am right handed, the person clears to the left side, so i started to move left and do a semi-hop smash* Kind of like this i suppose* pic--> http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0bds2Zl6KEcNQ/610x.jpg

I usually have a good warm up before i try to do those kinds of shots because from experience, that ligament will hurt if i do that shot. But nowadays, it seems that whenever i do that shot, the ligament will hurt anyways, regardless of whether i warmed up or not. So i am forced instead to take those kinds of shots slower.. and drop them instead :(

I was wondering what can i do? Is there some sort of stretch that i should do pre-game?

I feel that it is just a minor sprain.. because after i get home there is no pain or anything, the pain is only there during game... but it is still annoying and i am not sure how to take care of it.

Thanks

2. sirjoe1

sirjoe1 Regular Member

Student
    You should see a physiotherapist to diagnose the problem =)

3. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    If there is a tear or rupture in the ligament then you need surgery to have it fixed. Go to a doctor to get a scan.