Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Lee Yong Dae ( 이용대 / 李龍大)

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, Jul 14, 2006.

1. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

They don't do it for only age? So when you start dating you're already celebrating 1 year together?

2. esppy

esppy Regular Member

Hmmm.... guess I'm wrong then. My bad.

My initial point was, 5-6 doesn't make much difference in terms of dating... 5-6months, does...

3. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

4. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Would be great to see him back, but I suspect YYS may have retired by then so they'll need to find him another world class partner - I think they're a bit short of options at the moment unless there is some unknown prodigy junior player about to make his mark.

5. leejunlong999

leejunlong999 Regular Member

student
    as world class a YYS is he is dropping in performance, see the match with Kim Ki Jung against thailand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I don't think he was dropping in performance. It is just that YYS and KGJ are not quite that compatible and so YYS couldn't play to his strengths. Both are great at the rear court, but if you watch what happens when they get into a fast drive situation, both YYS and KGJ would continue driving, trying to force the win - which when you are faced with opponents with good flat play like the Thai's and the Indonesians for example, it's not going to be easy and a lot of the time they came out worse off.

Compare that situation with YYS and LYD. LYD would almost always not get into a long drive battle, but he would end it with a block to force a lift at the first opportunity and thereby giving them the advantage. LYD is also far better at covering the net area than either of these guys, he never tries to go for winners straight away. He would usually invest his first shot at the net to set up a weak or predictable return which he can finish off with his next unless there was a clear opportunity.

YYS and KGJ are not as good at this, and seem to struggle to support each other. So I don't think either of them are dropping in performance, but there is clearly something missing in this partnership. Fortunately both are senior players and have lots of experience which they can draw on to get them out of difficult situations.

7. leejunlong999

student
    well the way i see it his play isnt as consistent thats all

8. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Yes but that could be because he lacks confidence in his partner being able to play shots that compliment his strengths. Or play shots that don't expose his weaknesses.

LYD had the same issue with KSH. LYD has always felt comfortable with defending so he would not hesitate to lift if required. But with KSH he felt compromised because KSH's defense was not reliable. So when you have doubt in your mind when playing such a fast game, you cannot play your best.

9. SolsticeOfLight

Ko's retirement was the biggest blow. He was the only reliably good mixed doubles player (and they desperately need somebody to raise Chae YooJung), and he was also top of the doubles list too. Now they have to rely on Kim SaRang's comeback in order to find a suitable partner for Choi SolGyu, though Yoo YeonSong could potentially fill this role too.

Kim KiJung isn't going anywhere the last few years, so it's time to give SaRang a better prospect.

10. event

event Regular Member

Kim Sa Rang's comeback? Please explain.

11. leejunlong999

student
    is kim coming back?

12. esppy

esppy Regular Member

What are you smoking? He left BKA as well.

All 3, LYD, SBC, KSR all left before/after Rio.

Makes me wonder when is KSR going to have his neck or back op since he's always around playing exhibitions and leagues...

13. leejunlong999

student
    was SBC not able to make it in time for the annual selections or he left himself?? i saw an article way back 2016

14. esppy

esppy Regular Member

"After he knew he wouldn't be going to Rio, Shin did not participate in the Korea national team tryouts that was held in mid-May. Few days after he left for the Indonesia Open Superseries Premier that kicked off on May 30th, 2016, he realized he has been dismissed from the Korean national team roster."

http://www.badmintonplanet.com/badm...-cheol-dropped-from-korean-national-team.html

Cutthroat BKA.

khoai likes this.
  15. leejunlong999

student
    SBC was a great asset tho. Wish him all the best

16. leejunlong999

student
    but i thought top10 players would automatically be eligible for the national team??

17. YonexGameSetMatch

YonexGameSetMatch Regular Member

My mind is ruined... Every single time that I see the name Kim Sa Rang, this image appears.

[​IMG]

Instead of the actual badminton player...

[​IMG]

I'm doomed... GG.

18. leejunlong999

student
    depends on who you are here for

19. event

event Regular Member

Okay, this is getting way off topic. That's four posts in a row about Shin Baek Cheol in the Lee Yong Dae thread. If you visit the Shin Baek Cheol thread, you will see that the badmintonplanet article paraphrases a Badzine article of the same day, which was reporting month-old news. This article added the baseless insinuation that Shin was surprised to be left off the national team. It was his conscious decision not to participate in tryouts in May 2016 and in December 2016.

As for the earlier suggestion that Kim Sa Rang intends to return, we can await clarification but I wonder if SolsticeofLight is mistaking participation in the Purple League, etc. as an intention to return to ranking events. In fact, Kim has not only disappeared from the World Rankings - suggesting that he has submitted official paperwork to the BWF - but he is not even on the roster of the Samsung Electromechanics team any more. Yoo Yeon Seong played in the Purple league, as did Lee Hyun Il, I believe, but most of the Koreans who did are off the national team and are not playing in ranking tournaments. They might return someday but as far as I know, no such announcements have been made.

#3479 event, Feb 20, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  20. SolsticeOfLight

I'm expressing a wish/desire that he would return. And pointing out it would be beneficial to BKA.