Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Li Ning Open April 16-18

Discussion in 'L. A. Badminton Club (LABC)' started by LittleLucky, Apr 16, 2010.

1. LittleLucky

LittleLucky Regular Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Why hasnt anybody posted about this tournament? $15,000 :eek: Starts today at 6:30 pm!
  2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Sep 27, 2004

..the total prize money came out to be around $17,000ish..
    MS top prize was around $750
    WS top prize was around ???
    MD top prize was around $1800
    WD top prize was around $1000
    XD top prize was around $1500
    There were also money prizes given for the other different events' winners.

Some comments:
    - Went to Day 2 & Day 3 and the place was packed wall to wall. I heard there were over 300+ participants.
    - Saw injuries to a couple of participants. One was a badly sprained ankle and the other a dislocated pinkie joint caused a brief stoppage. Then another person had to receive a bit of attention on Day 3.
    - The MD Semifinal matches were somewhat interesting. Halim & Phillip C. almost pulled one out in the 3rd game, but a risky flick serve by Halim, which went just long, clinched a Final spot for Lee HL & Trisna G.
    - Saw the Final matches of the MS & WS and partial XD and WD matches.
    In the XD match, Halim & Grace lost for the umpteenth time in a row to Howard & Eva after winning the 1st game. From what i heard and noticed, Halim & Grace sort of "let up" in the 2nd game. In the 3rd game, it was reminiscent of their U.S. Nationals' XD Final match: full of errors. The last time Halim & Grace won over Howard & Eva was back in 2008 U.S. Open Semifinals Rd.
    Then in the MS Final match, it was a rematch of last week's U.S. Nationals. It was no different as Lee HL's speed and court movements were just too much.
    In the WS, Nicole Grether staved off a hard fought affair against Lili Zhou.
    In the WD match, it was just too much power from Nicole and Charmaine. Eva & Jamie tried their best in the 2nd game to target Charmaine.
    - Parking on both days seem to be a bit of an issue. Hopefully in the future, whenever they hold another tourney, they'll be able to handle the parking issue better. Perhaps they can find someone to stand-by outside and act as a parking monitor (collect car keys for those who park right behind cars).
    - Hope to see some pics as i saw a couple or so BC folks snapping pics.
    - Hope to see some videos of the Finals matches.
    - Li-Ning booth was there, but didn't see Mike Yang.

Results & scores:
    #2 ctjcad, Apr 19, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  3. powerdow

powerdow Regular Member

Jul 13, 2009