Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Accuracy, feel and stability is off the charts on this. Oh and what sort of wizardry is it that I don't feel any harsh vibrations at all? Possibly the most refined and "nice" racket I've used given the spudder I thought it was going to be. If all Li Ning's are like this, i'm really quite sad I didn't start with them in the first place. Maybe the easiest racket I have ever used as well? Friend who's a national level guy said it was quite heavy but then again he's used to his gosen customedge's.

2. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    You thought the n90 was going to be spudder? Oh my sweet summer child, you are learning. N90 is glorious.

swsh and Ch1k0 like this.
  3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

All 1st gen N series rackets are stable like that. Later gens are more mixed in that regard. N90 will always be a classic to me, and I really liked the N70 as well although it was quite soft.

swsh likes this.
  4. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Would you say that N90 is good for doubles?

Sent from my SM-J320F using Tapatalk

5. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Well..that's like asking if the Z Force is good for doubles. It really depends on what you as a player can do and can compromise with to play doubles IMO.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

AHA_INA likes this.
  6. badmintony

Ok. I thought it might be good for doubles just like some other rackets out there that are quite versatile. I can play with a vt80 3U in doubles☺

Sent from my SM-J320F using Tapatalk

7. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Basically I subscribe to one philosophy on rackets for any discipline, and I personally think others should too. It depends on what I as a player can do within my capabilities to use a racket of X spec. Like you for example, you can use a VT80 in 3U for doubles (competently I assume). But I can't. Does that mean the VT80 is a racket I should say is bad for doubles? Or is it actually user incapability to use said racket? Think on it mate.

Far too often in this forum I see people asking "is this racket good for doubles/singles?". I don't blame them for asking such questions if they don't know better. Because not everyone has friends of fellow players who own wide varieties of rackets, or easy access to a demo program to test rackets. Whether a racket suits you depends heavily on a few things IMO.

Firstly is trying the racket across the span of several games to really see if you can actually use it without injury in the future. Next would be, does the racket suit you and what are you trying to change or get more of that the current one doesn't give? Following that would be "how much effort am I willing to put in to adapt to the racket if it doesn't automatically click?". The last and least important thing would be, are you in it just because you feel rich and want to get a new toy.

8. badmintony

Well said and quite a lot for a very simple question:p I also fully subscribe to your philosophy and very much aware of that. My take is just on the occasional surprises that some models would offer so, an opinion or two from someone who've tried it would give me some idea, hopefully reliable ones, on whether I'd give it a spin or not. And no, I don't feel rich, but whether I just want a new toy or not is beside the point;)

9. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Fair enough. But if you can do a VT80 3U for doubles. I guarantee that the N90 isn't very far behind.

10. badmintony

Sweet. I can always swap or sell it if it doesn't work for me:D

11. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    It’s just likelihood really. It is less likely that a player will be able to use a vt80 3u in doubles effectively than it is that a player will be able to use an arc11.

12. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    True. But it also depends on the player themselves. Sometimes they just feel better with a head heavy instead of the more suitable even balance for them. Can't flog a dead horse.

13. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Of course, but if that is the case, the player likely knows it, and won’t ask those kinds of questions.

I use my n90s in singles and doubles, and used to use a zf2 the same way. Left handed I know my rear court shots need the extra strength, and right handed as I played last night, I know my defence and mid court is strong enough to use it without difficulty.

Ch1k0 likes this.
  14. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Wimpy me is using N55II hahaha

15. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Nothing wimpy about it, I use heavy rackets because I prefer to force my opponents back, keep them running and under movement pressure. If they try to do the same to me, the n90 is beastly enough to blast it to the back from bad positions. They try to drive it down the line? It’s going to the long cross corner.

16. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    It's really surprising because you hear so much of x tech in this y tech in that printed all over the damn racket and it's spec page. Then here we have a way older racket with a massive frame that just destroys anything else I've used in terms of stability.

17. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
  18. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Rob3rt likes this.
  19. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Because he's insane. We've figured that out already when he did the same to a ZF2 3U. :)

swsh likes this.
  20. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I forgot about that..