Thanks for visiting us!

Badminton Central is a free community for fans of badminton! If you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community users, it takes less than 15 seconds! Everybody is welcome here.

Click here for a FREE account!

Li Ning Rocks N33 or N50,anyone?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Lyonn Loo, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Lyonn Loo

Lyonn Loo Regular Member

Student
    Just thinking either of these are better because my cousin is deciding to get either one.Any recomendations/reviews of these rackets :confused:?

2. adamm

adamm New Member

First generation 33 and 50 are quite different.

n33 rocks - heavy. It's in the upper 80 grams with a lot of it's weight around the head. I can't remember if it's very stiff, but I hated it for doubles. It was too heavy to handle. However for singles it was not bad, but I would argue it is outclassed by the woods 80, 90, etc.

n50 flame - aesthetically awesome racket. I don't know why they had to butcher it for the second generation. This racket has a (personally) fantastic balance between weight, head heaviness, power and feel. I (again, personally) loved this racket for doubles. It was neither too light for hard smashing, nor too heavy for driving and defense. If your cousin is into mostly doubles then I would highly recommend the 50 over the 33. I can't imagine him/her being remotely disappointed. For singles, I would again consider looking into the Woods series, which I believe are a bit more flexible and head heavy which lends them greater power with less force used (but you cannot "crank" the racket for a hard smash like you can with a stiffer racket).

3. adamm

adamm New Member

If you have a website where you intend to buy either one of the rackets, I'd love to know about it. I'm having a tough time finding the first generation.

4. decoy

decoy Regular Member

It's impossible in Canada I think. I bought the last n55 at max sports and I can't find another. Depending on what you're looking for badmintonalley.com has a few first gens but shipping to Canada is pretty expensive from them.

5. Lyonn Loo

Lyonn Loo Regular Member

Student
    Well then...i guess its n50 time