Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Nov 4, 2011.

1. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Quite, but it is quite a short term view for wsx, as she will be out of the team straight after og if this is the case.

2. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    what would u do if you were WSX? what would u choose

(1) not being able to qualify for the Olympics
    (2) get kicked out of the team after the Olympics

all great drama for us all.... hehee:D

#142 pcll99, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  3. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    It depended on what my options were. If I liked being in the team and had longer term ambitions as a coach then I would not be too concerned about OG. If I disliked being in the team and wanted to work elsewhere in the future I would probably get what I could whilst I could.

Either way if she decides to throw games to prevent LXR from qualifying it is pretty selfish and does not potray her in a good light to employers from any background, never mind not winning her any friends.

4. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i don't think WSX is much of a team player. I have doubt whether she can be a coach in the future. I think she will do whatever it takes to get an Olympic medal this year (ie, throwing games in favour of Saina).

i think WYH may give WSX a hand since it is possible that WYH might get ditched too, not just WSX. We all remember what happen in Uber2010 and the many months afterwards. Even in 2011, WYH's record against non-CHN players is not as good as WX's. That's why, I think, WYH may also throw games in favour of Saina, should the opportunities arise.

The chance of WX not getting selected to play the Olympics is, IMHO, quite small. Her H2H record against non-CHN players is still very impressive, even better than Lin Dan's. For the year to date, she lost in the first round in All England 2012 (against SungJH) and Korea Open 2012 (against BaeYJ). That's the only thing against her.

#144 pcll99, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  5. SantaSCSI

SantaSCSI Regular Member

I think a lot of the guesses here are wild to say the least. Unless someone here is very close to the Chinese team, we can only guess what their relationship towards each other is. Obviously there is a competition between these 4 players. It's the world top 4 in Women Singles for god's sake. With LXR now on 4th place, I guess LYB has enough scenarios planned out for whatever happens. The next few tournaments will decide the role of LXR in this years top tournaments.

As for the other players. WYH will not be pulled by LYB. She has redeemed herself since that Uber2010 incident and is back stronger than ever. It's the pressure I'm afraid of during this years Uber. She'll have to face her inner demons and get rid of that legacy once and for all. For that occasion, the other players like WX and LXR there is no such burden. WSX has the burden of having to prove herself again after a small dip but that is unrelated to UBer2012.

We'll all have to wait and see where LXR fits in. OH boy, this years gonna be a tasty year for Badminton :p.

6. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

i think, the most fair way to the case is let them 4 play in OG. afterall, they give their effort to be there, and it's just unfair if 1 can't go to olympic after all their efforts.

7. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    the most unfair thing about this whole fiasco is how the three players will be selected. If they were to be selected solely by WR points, that would be fair. But as it stands right now, the decision will be based on how one person thinks or feels, ie LYB.

8. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I dont rate WSX chances to get a medal anyway. I think she she will lose to someone else.

9. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Do not under-estimate her...she didn't show up in six consecutive finals of the SS in 2010 winning most of them plus capturing All England and Asian Games gold for nothing..

To me, she is on par with Wang Yihan in terms of skills...but the problem is her attacks are absolutely horrendous to the extent that she could even fail a net kill that badly..

10. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    She is more skillful than WYH. But she is not as powerful, fit or fast.

2010 is a long time ago in Badminton terms.

11. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    And Li was all smiles after her final victory: “This is amazing for me to win here. It was unexpected as this is a very important final. As for the future, I just want to do well in tournament, and I’ll be happy to be a back up for China in the Olympics if needed.

Does it mean that she is supportive of her three Wangs compatriots to represent China in the Olympics and she will only respond when there's an emergency ???

What you guys think about the quote by her lol?

12. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Where is the quote from?

The quote is no surprise. She, as a juniornin the team, isn't going tonsay i want the place at OG and hope I can take it.

Firstlymbecause she is number 4 so on paper not worthy of a place and secondly because she would seem arrogant to readers and to her teammates she would be aienated.

13. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    I couldn't understand why Li Xuerui is not participating in the 2012 Australian Open.

Currently, with her good form; I would be quite sure that she would be the WS winner of this tournament.

14. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Australia should be given the SS status rather than India...It seems a lot of top players are not very supportive or inclined to play in India for many reason..

15. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I guess chn team are training for the UC and dont want the players who will be in the team to be travelling and playing tournaments at the moment.

16. fauci

fauci Regular Member

Essentially all the Australian players were eliminated after the first round. I wonder how many forum members can name even just one single Australian player. Could hardly convince anybody to give Australian Open an SS status.

17. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Then the same can be said about Singapore and French Open...why should those two be given SS status then ? Singapore has no great local challengers to display and offer so little prize (that's strange for a first world status) and the same for French Open.

I think German players are a lot better than French players overall based on skills and results. Germany should be promoted to SS tournament in exchange for french open to be demoted. Singapore could have done so much better in terms of alluring better sponsorships and offering handsome prize moneys since they are financially very solid. Unless they are what you call "kiam-siap" in hokkien translation for stingy

18. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    It is interesting and great to see SS tournaments becoming more spread out across the globe by including countries from Latin America and Oceania.

I strongly believe in future the ideal world tour route should be restructured as follows:

Malaysia >> Korea (Premier) >> England (Premier) >> Germany >> Singapore >> Indonesia (Premier) >> Australia >> Japan >> US >> Denmark (Premier) >> Hong Kong >> China (final destination)

Do not understand why India should be given the SS rights if a lot of top players do not even bother participating and showing their support to increase the prestige of the tournament by competing...

19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    :D:D:D To take it further, the Brits haven't got any players worthy of a SS event much less SSP (apart from Adcock/Bankier, and certainly not Robertson, or even Rajiv Ouesph.) So why not downgrade the AE to SS (or maybe GPG) and upgrade say, Thailand to SSP? Eh? :D:D:D

20. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    The topic is LXR remember. Not SS locations.